Thread: ICS release for HTC Rezound

ICS release for HTC Rezound

Recently I have decide to get the new Samsung galaxy Nexus, but I will wait till the Verizon finally launch again it. And my main reason to get this phone is only for the Ice Cream Sandwich. And recently I have get the new that HTC have promises that they will make the ICS release for the HTC Rezound also hope that they will do this soon. And also I have see that they have promised that ICS Rezound as soon as possible, but the sense will make it very far away from the stock 4.0. I was wondering if anyone thinks that someone will come up with, and pretty soon, an ice cream Sandwich Rezound rom that has the Beats optimization. What about you all people in this case?? Please reply me back about your suggestion in this case.

Re: ICS release for HTC Rezound

I am not sure what phone you have now, but at XDA, the incredible (the phone) has an incredible lot of developers are saying that will happen to the Rezound when you leave. And that certainly will not be disappointed with them and their work. In addition, developers of the telephone and other areas so that it will also, will do well. But anyway, I am sure about this that this will once the source code for the ICS is released, someone will have to work on the Rezound right away. I doubt you may have Beats Audio in it too, maybe, maybe not, but there is the option of a mindless rom that could support it. However, nonsense is not going to last for a while, however, as not all tools are updated by the Sense 3.5, and ICS, and would have to wait for the official ICS to actually put Rezound running, and stable. Oh, if you do not know what type roms are meaningless, then just try to ask over here. I will try give you suggestion on this case. I am sure that you will get siome suggestion form here

Thanks dude, for discussing about this topic. But here I am thinking to get the Samsung galaxy Nexus, what you will say in this case?? Will I go for the new HTC Rezound or else go with my choice for the new Samsung galaxy Nexus?? Please reply me back about this.

Recently, I have seen the news and that says that HTC Vivid, HTC Sensation, HTC Rezound will get the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade next year. They have promises about this. And also I have seen that they have told that HTCs premium Android smartphones, including the HTC Vivid and HTC Rezound, will receive the upgrade to Google's forthcoming Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system next year. Hope that they release this update soon.

As you read these words on August 2 2012 1:32 MST, I am upgrading my Rezound to ICS!!!!! Yay about friggin' time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kainan Lucan View Post
    As you read these words on August 2 2012 1:32 MST, I am upgrading my Rezound to ICS!!!!! Yay about friggin' time!!!!
    Hey dude, how are you updating the Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Rezound, that is via Over the Air or by connecting it to the pc and then updating. When i tried connecting to my pc, all i am getting is the 2.3 gingerbread update only, and if i checking for software update in my mobile phone settings then it shows that this phone is updated to the latest android operating system. This is weird.

Hi there Suprakash,

I just kept checking-since the buzz online was that we'd be getting it end of July/beginning August. I did it OTA and it took about an hour. I only plug my Rezound to the comp to upload music on it. On a good note, the Sense 3.5 upgraded to 3.6 and it can STILL barrel roll! I know-to some big whoop, but to me I like that feature. Try power cycling your Rezound: power it down, remove the case, battery, sim and storage card. Then put everything back together and power it up and see if it'll give you the option to update the software. Hmm, that's all I can offer in the way of advice/info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainan Lucan View Post
    Hi there Suprakash,

I just kept checking-since the buzz online was that we'd be getting it end of July/beginning August. I did it OTA and it took about an hour. I only plug my Rezound to the comp to upload music on it. On a good note, the Sense 3.5 upgraded to 3.6 and it can STILL barrel roll! I know-to some big whoop, but to me I like that feature. Try power cycling your Rezound: power it down, remove the case, battery, sim and storage card. Then put everything back together and power it up and see if it'll give you the option to update the software. Hmm, that's all I can offer in the way of advice/info.
    Thanks for the information mate. I am here on Vodafone network and here in India, i believe on this network they havent still released the Ice Cream Sandwich android 4.0 for HTC Rezound. When I called the customer care, they said that it will still take a 15 days more to get this operating system on my mobile phone, so i will have to wait for that moment i guess.