Thread: Unable to sync Calendar after installing froyo to dell streak

Unable to sync Calendar after installing froyo to dell streak

Hi, I am having dell streak in which I have currently update the firmware from éclair to froyo but after that everything seems working fine except syncing the calendar, I mean to say in other words I am not able to synchronising Outlook Calendar with the Streak, is there anybody having idea about problem, or having same problem with their device? It would be glad if someone just let me know about the possible solution for the same thing. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to sync Calendar after installing froyo to dell streak

Are you having any problem with only syncing the calendar or with almost each and every content, because I can say that you must be the only victim having this problem with the tablet because I don’t ever found anybody having such problem with their tablet.

I am sure you must be unaware about the fact I have mentioned thus you should first make sure whether are you having problem with the calendar or with almost each contact, and really it would be better if you specify the problem more precisely.

almost having same opinion as the above user as there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed in your mobile or with the software you have installed in your PC for syncing this content from the mobile. I would like to recommend you that you should first of all try to reinstall the software you must have installed In your Pc for syncing the device, thus after reinstalling that the one thing would be clear is like whether there is some problem with the firmware in the mobile or the software that you have installed in your device. Because after that you can have another solutions regarding the same thing.

I would like to suggest you that you should make use of the software rather companion called “CompanionLink” which is actually meant for the device you are having.

I am not sure about the mentioned software by the above user but still I used to used “gSyncit” on my PC to Sync my outlook calendar with my Google Calendar, and would like to recommend you the same thing to make use of this software. Anyways see below I have mentioned some of the good features.

FEATURES :

• Add the capability to sync precise Toodledo contexts with Outlook categories

• Add the capability to sync RSS feeds

• Ability to sync Outlook notes with DropBox

• Ability to sync Outlook calendar with Toodledo tasks or Google task list.

I am not sure whether you’ll get it from the android market or not but you may to google it for sure.

I personally believe as there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed but still have you ever tried resetting the firmware which you have installed in your tablet? If not then I would like to recommend you that you should try to do that first and then see what happens whether you are getting the same problem with the device or it is been fixed? As you also must be aware as there is two ways of doing this as there is soft resetting which will let you enable to obtain the factory settings for the device rather hard resetting will let you enable to obtain the whole factory data that you should suppose to get while buy the device replacing the existing one thus I would always like to recommend you that make a backup first and then only proceed ahead with the firmware resetting.

After upgrading to 2.2 I also exposed that we couldn't sync calendar in fact, I can't figure out how to sync contacts either, so I downloaded the Google calendar sync add in for outlook 2010, and would like to recommend you that same thing because I have found this thing to be worked with the firmware version we have installed n the dell streak.

It syncs to my Google calendar, which then delivers it to my phone, it’s a bit of a long panting system, but things appears to get back and forth within about 15 minutes, the drawback is that you drop all the categories and it doesn’t look as to like things that are classified as free rather than full of activity.

But still in general not a awful experience, it works and it is FREE of cost as well.

Though I am agree with the above user but if you are willing to resetting the firmware then why don’t you try reinstalling the whole firmware.

See if you are not getting any sort of solution for the same then you should try to get the previous software again installed in your tablet rather than running this way, because It might be possible that there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed, or perhaps the firmware version you have mentioned won’t be available for the tablet you are using, thus it would be also better if you first make sure about the firmware compatibility with the device.

After upgrading to 2.2 I also exposed that we couldn't sync calendar in fact, I can't figure out how to sync contacts either, so I downloaded the Google calendar sync add in for outlook 2010, and would like to recommend you that same thing because I have found this thing to be worked with the firmware version we have installed n the dell streak.
    Your lucky, as I can’t even get 2.2 mobile sync to install on my machine running windows 7 64 bit. By the is it possible that there could be some problem with the operating system I have installed, I mean to say the software I have installed won’t be compatible with it. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.