Thread: Card reader stopped working in Dell Inspiron 530

Card reader stopped working in Dell Inspiron 530

Normally I use card reader in my Dell Inspiron 530 laptop and whenever I put card in my card reader at that time it shows green light and detect card properly but from last few days it stopped doing this. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Is there anything wrong with the laptop?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Card reader stopped working in Dell Inspiron 530

Are you facing this problem when you insert any particular card in your laptop this problem is coming with every card you try. If you are trying to use the micro SD card with the help of the SD adapter then I think there might be problem with the adapter also and I will suggest you to try different adapter so that you can identify the exact problem.

According to me you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the card reader device drivers in your Dell Inspiron 530 laptop and after reinstalling the card reader drivers in your laptop your problem will get solved. To solve this problem you will first need to open the device manger and after that you have to right click on the card reader device in the device manger and after that you have to click on the uninstall option. Now after clicking on the uninstall option you have to restart the laptop and after that you have to insert the drivers CD in your laptop and after that installed the card reader driver in your laptop again and after that your problem will get solved. If you don’t have the drivers CD then you have to download the card reader drivers from the internet.

I hope reinstalling the drivers will fix this issue.

If you don’t have driver CD of your laptop and you need to download the card reader drivers from the internet then you can download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After that you have to install the drivers in your laptop and then your problem will get solved.

Well if you are facing the same problem after installing the updated drivers in your laptop then I think it is hardware issue and you will need to contact the Dell service center and after that they will give you proper solution regarding this.