Thread: google chromebook help "this webpage is not available"

google chromebook help "this webpage is not available"

this message appears when i try to access my student center website for the college i am attending:

This webpage is not available
    The connection to cs.swcportal.org was interrupted.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Settings > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... and make sure your configuration is set to "no proxy" or "direct."
    Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

so i looked at my proxy setting and made sure its at direct, and i also deleted all my stored data and cookies. im not a computer wizzz but im fairly handy with them, so i know there has to be some way to manually input allowed access for this site. unless the chromebook really was a waste of money, i bought the thing for school and i cant even use it for their website! also, i dont have any other software downloaded for the chromebook other than what comes with the updates and a few apps. and my internet connection is password enabled WIFI.

Re: google chromebook help "this webpage is not available"

Go in Google Apps control panel. This place has ample of settings and controls that you can configure. Check that the security settings in the chromebook is not blocking the website. You can see that in home page settings. There are very less help available for chromebook settings but you can view Chromebook FAQs for more information on web.