Thread: Enable 5.1 surround sound in Samsung Galaxy R?

Enable 5.1 surround sound in Samsung Galaxy R?

Recently I get the new Samsung Galaxy R and really I am very happy to have this type the phone. But I came here to get some suggestion about this and the question is how to enable the 5.1 surround sound. I am asking this because, when I am trying to enable this at that time I get that it gives the message that you can only use it with the sound effects turned off. For that reason I also tried with the sound effects turned off but still it gives me the same error. So here can anyone suggest me about the proper suggestion in this cause?? Please reply me back about the results.

Re: Enable 5.1 surround sound in Samsung Galaxy R?

Yes, I think that if you want to enable the 5.1 surround sound in your phone then for that you will need to use the headphone only. When the headphones are plugged in the phone at that time only this will get activated. So try to plug the headphones in and then try to enabling the 5.1 surround sound. I am sure that this time you will get your problem resolve..

Yes due, I also know that 5.1 surround is only possible with headphones, and also I have tried with that but still at that time it says that .1 can only be used with the effects off, I think that this problem is only related with the turning off the sound effects.

Ok, I am having the steps to do this things and I would also like to suggest you all about those steps. For enabling the 5.1 sound, you will need to disable the sound effects and for doing this steps are as:

• From the screen where song plays and you have 5.1 button on the screen
    • click menu
    • choose More
    • choose settings
    • you can see sound effects and equaliser
    • set them to Normal

and then go back to the music menu and there you will get the option for enabling the 5.1 surround sound and then enable this. I am sure that at that time you will get it enable properly. Reply me back about this.

Yes, I got this, thanks a lot dude. In the setting I turn the EQUALIZER to the normal mode and also sound effect to the normal mode and after doing this I found that this is working very fine.

I think that after doing this setting you will now able to listen to human voices much clearer over the other audio effects. And for looking to check this feature out, you will need to follow these steps:

• Get hold of stereo headphones > even regular ones should do fine, apparently.
    • Launch your music player or video player.
    • You will notice a button that reads 5.1ch. Tap over it. And then feel the effect via headphones.

I am having one important tip for the Galaxy s Euro version. And that is to activate SRS in music player, you will need to do the setting which is as:

Menu> settings> Equaliser> Normal

And also make sure that you save this setting, because, if you are not going to save this setting this it might happens that this will not saved and when you will try to open the music apps at that time it will get not activated and then also you will need to do this setting again. So save this before you exit the music player.

Thanks dude, this also really helped me to enable the SRS in music player. Not all the things are working very fine. Thanks for your suggestion to enable the 5.1 surround sound in Samsung Galaxy R.

Yes, I am also having the same Samsung Galaxy R and to enable the Enable 5.1 surround sound, I was also searching the steps. And after coming here I came to know about that. After trying with this all steps also, I am having the same problem, not able to enable the Enable 5.1 surround sound. Also I have tried with the Menu> settings> Equaliser> Normal, setting but still it gives the same error that sound effects will need to turned off. Any other help in this cause??