Thread: DVD is not working in windows 7 using Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983

DVD is not working in windows 7 using Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983

In my Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983 laptop I have windows 7 operating system and I am facing problem. Now whenever I try use the DVD in my laptop at that time it does nothing. Is there anything wrong with the laptop or something else is causing this issue? If anyone has solution regarding this then please help me.

Re: DVD is not working in windows 7 using Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983

I think you should first check whether you are facing this problem with any particular DVD or you are facing this problem with the any DVD you use in your laptop. If this problem is coming with other DVD also then I think there might be something wrong with your Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983laptop.

You have to first check in the device manager whether there is any exclamation mark beside the DVD ROM device or not. If you find and exclamation mark then it means problem is with the drivers. You can solve this problem by updating the drivers.

To check this you need to open the device manager by doing right click on the my computer icon and then you need to click on the properties and after clicking on the properties you have to open the device manager from there and after opening the device manager you have to check whiter there is any exclamation mark with the DVD ROM device or not.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you. If you need any more help then let me know.

If you notice any exclamation mark then you have to right click on that device and after doing that you have to click on the update the driver. Now after updating the drivers you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to see whether you can use the DVD in your laptop or not. I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

Many times this problem can get solved by running the lens cleaner in your DVD drive and after running the lens cleaner you have to try to use the DVD in your Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983 laptop and after that check whether problem get solved or not.

As far as I know after running the lens cleaner your problem will get solved.

I have tried the lens cleaner in my laptop and after trying that also I was not able to use the DVD in my laptop. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by installing opening the device manager and after that updating the drivers from there but updating the drivers does not helped me to solve this issue. After updating the drivers when I restart the laptop from that time DVD ROM drive is missing.

Please tell me how to fix this issue.

I have tried to search the solution on the internet and after that I have come to know that this problem can get solved by making some changes in the registry files. You have to open the registry editor then you have to delete the upper and lower filters from the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key. Now after that you have to restart the laptop and then your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how locate the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key then you need to follow this procedure.

• First you need to open the registry editor by typing the regedit in the start menu search box.
    • After you open the registry editor you have to locate the key according to this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    • Now after that you have to click on the UpperFilters from the right pane.
    • After that you have to click on the edit menu and after that you have to select the delete option.
    • After that you have to do same with the Lower filters.
    • After that you have to close the registry editor.
    • Now restart the laptop.
    • I think after that DVD Drive will start working properly.

As far as this is a problem is with the registry in your laptop so I will suggest you to use registry cleaner instead of editing the registry keys manually. First download the registry editor from the internet and after downloading that you have to install it and then run it and then your problem might get solved. I hope after that you will not face the same problem again.

I was also facing the same problem with the DVD in my laptop and after that I have tried many solution and after trying many solution also same problem was coming and then I have done system restore in my laptop and after doing the system restore my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

Try the above given solution and after that let me know what the result is.

If you want to do the system restore in your Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983 laptop then do the following steps.
    • First open the start menu in your laptop.
    • After that click on the accessories.
    • After that you have to click on the system tools.
    • Now click on the system restore option.
    • Now you have to do the system restore and then your problem will get solved.

I think there might be something wrong with the operating system and you need to solve this issue by repairing the operating system in your laptop. Try this solution and if you get the same problem after that also then you should contact the Toshiba support and then tell them about your problem and your problem will get solved.