Thread: Does jailbreaking iPhone 4 void black tie warranty?

Does jailbreaking iPhone 4 void black tie warranty?

I have a problem with the iphone as I have broken up the screen and due to this I am not able to see the numbers and text msgs in fact everything due to this I am not able to do work on my iphone. and the main thing is that I jail broken the iphone so I want to know will they verify the iphone before replacing with the new screen.

re: Does jailbreaking iPhone 4 void black tie warranty?

As you are saying that you have broken your phone screen and even have jailbroken it then let me tell you that when you go to the apple care+ they will first verify the phone whether it comes in the warranty or not. Because they have to verify the warranty before they provide you the service or any other replacement to your iphone.

Jailbreaking means you have void the warranty and you would not be allowed to use the warranty even if you have purchased the phone two days back as it denotes that you are stealing something from the software or application. So if you are looking for the replacement of the screen and you have jailbroken then I would tell you that doing this have void your warranty and could not use the free service anymore from the apple. And since you broken the screen then you cannot claim for the warranty as apple do not provide warranty for the damage screen or physical damage.

I would say not only apple have the policy for warranty void if you jailbreak the phone but every other mobile phone company have the same policy if you try to jailbreak the phone then your warranty is void and you cannot avail further service from that particular company of which you are using the product.

As I have got that apple does not provide warranty for the jailbreak as it is in my case, but I want to know that is it possible to restore the warranty if I put back the things to same position.

For this, I am not sure whether it is possible to gain back the warranty or not but it is possible that restoring back to the original position would make the phone safe and get back the warranty. But for precise answer you can try searching on the websites of the apple or try searching in the Google as it will give more precise info. And will help you a lot to get perfect results. Or you can ask your friends who may be knowing about the jailbreaking methods and patching it up back.

I am using the same phone and able to connect with the wifi and have not come across any such kind of issue.

Its simple when you jailbreak any phone app or any software then it shows that you have tried to cheat the company product and for the security reason they void the warranty. If they wouldn't provide this type of service then there could many such cases of jailbreaking so to avoid this kind of things they void the warranty. And in your case unless you restore back your warranty will voided.