Thread: In iPhone 4, iTunes not keeping playlist sort when sync to iOS 5.

In iPhone 4, iTunes not keeping playlist sort when sync to iOS 5.

Hey all, I am getting problem with the iTunes in my iPhone 4. And with this the problem is that iTunes playlists not keeping their sort when I sync it with the iOS 5. Is here anyone have the suggestion about this? If have then please reply me back about that and also reply me if here anyone having the same problem.

Re: In iPhone 4, iTunes not keeping playlist sort when sync to iOS 5.

Me also having the same problem and then to resolve this I have also searched in the so many of the other sites but no where I get the suggestion about this. And also let me tell you that when I updated to the new iOS5 from that time only I start getting that my playlists are sorted by date and also I get that newest first, are sorted by date. So for you also I will suggest you to do the same and hope that after the update you will get resolve your all problem.

For getting resolve this problem I have also tried with the so many of the other forums and there I get no helpful answer. I am having Apple iPhone 3GS but when I updated this to the IOS 5 today then also I get that playlist on my phone is not sorting in the same order as I have set it in iTunes. I tried with the sort my playlists in descending order of the date on which they have added but there also I get that they all are not getting sorted as I have done the setting. Also for making sure about this, I have also tried with the sorting to the reverse order but at that time also I get that this is not getting sorted. I hope that here will be someone who will fix this problem, please suggest me proper steps for getting resolve this problem.

In this cause, I think that there is bug and you will have to wait for the next update, in the hope that in the next update they will fix this bug. And also, to get the proper suggestion about this. You7 will need to contact with the Apple support, hope they will help you in this cause.

I think that this is a old bug that keeps popping up now and again including after the new update to the iOS5. I am telling this all, because I am having the new iPhone 4S and with this device also I am facing this type of the problem. In my cause the problem is that smart playlist order is all over the place, no rhyme or reason. And also still I don’t have get the suggestion to fix this problem. Hope that here someone will reply for getting resolve this problem.

Hey all, I get fixed this problem by making the smart playlists that is totally different from the other smart playlists. And after making this right clicking on the playlist and selecting Copy to Order. While doing this all, I have to remove all the music off my iPhone 4S and then reload it. This really works for me. Since here are also people who are facing this type of the problem for that reason only I suggested this over here. So try with this all and here if you face any problem related with this then please reply back , then I will suggest you other suggestion.

Yepp, I tried with your suggestion also and there I get that this is also not helping me to resolve this problem. But thanks for suggesting me about my problem. Anyone else having the other suggestion in this cause???

In my cause, I am having iTunes 10.5, iOS 5 on an iPhone 4S and with this also I get that playlist was sorted by Date Added and in my phone it seemed to be sorted by Date Added oldest on top. And to get resolve this I have tried with the sorting my iTunes playlist by Plays and then synced and after this, I found that this is working very fine. And then I think that I get resolve my issue. Then I again sorted by Date Added newest on top and then synced and then again I get the same problem that Date Added oldest on top. Each time I have to try with the same thing and for that time only it works fine and after this I get the same problem for the next time. So I am waiting for Apple to fix this problem. Hope they will soon fix this.

Friends, thanks for suggesting me about resolving this problem. I tried with all the suggestion but still I get that this is not working for me. But thanks for suggesting me about this. Now I have decided to contact with the Apple Support, hope that they will help me in this cause. I will reply here if I get the proper suggestion about this.

Yes, I also tried with that but still I get the same problem over here. For the original user who is having this problem and get resolve his problem after following the steps above, can reply me back about in detail. Because, I also tried with the same steps and there I get that this is not helping me anymore. Please reply me in detail, how you get resolve your problem??