Thread: Forced to use 3G only on Motorola DROID PRO with 3 Mobile UK

Forced to use 3G only on Motorola DROID PRO with 3 Mobile UK

I was using Virgin before and I have just now switched to Just switched to 3 Mobile UK and I am using Motorola DROID PRO and the problem that I have started facing is that I am not able to make calls I have found that when I am dialing I am able to see the seconds counting but then I am not able to hear any sound. I have also tried to use the same sim card in my other phone but then it is working just fine with it.I don’t know what is the problem and I am just forcing the phone to stay on 3G.I will like to inform you that the UMTS is only selected in the settings. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Forced to use 3G only on Motorola DROID PRO with 3 Mobile UK

I will suggest you to flash back to Froyo 3.8.7 and after that just check and find out if the updated Radio image from the Gingerbread has caused any kind of problem in your phone. In order to do that just go to the recovery and after that restore the froyo backup and then flash sbf and after that it will boot for sometimes and then the process will get over. I will also like to inform you that if you don’t restore to froyo via recovery then the RSD will not be able to recognize your phone . So make sure that you restore to froyo via recovery .I had not done that previously and later I had faced the same problem. Just check it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not.

I was using Virgin before and I have just now switched to Just switched to 3 Mobile UK and I am using Motorola DROID PRO and the problem that I have started facing is that I am not able to make calls I have found that when I am dialing I am able to see the seconds counting but then I am not able to hear any sound. I have also tried to use the same sim card in my other phone but then it is working just fine with it.I don’t know what is the problem and I am just forcing the phone to stay on 3G.I will like to inform you that the UMTS is only selected in the settings. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Even I was facing the same problem and was trying a no of solution to get it work out but I have found that there is not enough options to mess with the baseband on my Motorola DROID PRO. Later I tried to do a factory reset thinking that it will help me out but then I found that after factory reset the phone is just not catching any signal now and when I am checking for the networks that are available then I am getting the 2G networks such as Vodafone and the T-Mobile. I don’t know what to do know. Is there anyone who has found a solution for it by now?

Even I was facing the same problem and was trying a no of solution to get it work out but I have found that there is not enough options to mess with the baseband on my Motorola DROID PRO. Later I tried to do a factory reset thinking that it will help me out but then I found that after factory reset the phone is just not catching any signal now and when I am checking for the networks that are available then I am getting the 2G networks such as Vodafone and the T-Mobile. I don’t know what to do know. Is there anyone who has found a solution for it by now?

As far as I remember the 3 Mobile UK is having an agreement with some of the competitive carriers in order to use their networks and this is basically dine when the 3g signal is not available. So I think that the problem is that you phone is taking it as roaming but I am really not sure about this but you can just try it out by turning roaming “on”. Just check it out and see if it is making any difference. Best of luck.

I will suggest you to restore a nandroid backup from the ClockworkMod which is basically a droid bootstrap that we install. What all you have to do is just go into the restore froyo backup and after that just remove the battery out and after that click RSD on your computer in order to load the sbf .After loading the sbf just connect the phone to the computer by holding the volume key in order to enter the bootloader. After that the sbf will flash and once it is flashed then you will be able to boot to froyo. Just try it out and If at all if you find any problem then just remove the battery and then hold the R+M keys in order to enter the stock recovery and after that do a data wipe and then check if it is making any difference but even if this does not work then you can try to flash the radio images from the other Motorola phones and I think that this will be the last option that you can try. Just try to perform it and I think that one of them will definitely help you out.

I will suggest you to restore a nandroid backup from the ClockworkMod which is basically a droid bootstrap that we install. What all you have to do is just go into the restore froyo backup and after that just remove the battery out and after that click RSD on your computer in order to load the sbf .After loading the sbf just connect the phone to the computer by holding the volume key in order to enter the bootloader. After that the sbf will flash and once it is flashed then you will be able to boot to froyo. Just try it out and If at all if you find any problem then just remove the battery and then hold the R+M keys in order to enter the stock recovery and after that do a data wipe and then check if it is making any difference but even if this does not work then you can try to flash the radio images from the other Motorola phones and I think that this will be the last option that you can try. Just try to perform it and I think that one of them will definitely help you out.

I don’t think that the 3 Mobile UK will work for this phone because I have found that the limited settings for the GSM/UMTS in order to make it to force for 3G calling and disabling the 2G. I think that switching back to the T-Mobile will be a better option. I have also found that the phone is giving a red M of evil I don’t know why but then I think that it might be because I have done extensive modifications to the program settings in order to root and run some of the GSM apps. Later I tried the process of sbf flashing and after that I came back on the 3.8.7 but then I have still not solved the problem.

I don’t think that the 3 Mobile UK will work for this phone because I have found that the limited settings for the GSM/UMTS in order to make it to force for 3G calling and disabling the 2G. I think that switching back to the T-Mobile will be a better option. I have also found that the phone is giving a red M of evil I don’t know why but then I think that it might be because I have done extensive modifications to the program settings in order to root and run some of the GSM apps. Later I tried the process of sbf flashing and after that I came back on the 3.8.7 but then I have still not solved the problem.

I never thought that there could be such problem with the 3 Mobile UK but now I really don’t have any option and I think that I will follow you. I mean that I will switch back to the T-Mobile any ways thanks to you all for your help.