Thread: Motorola DROID PRO uses Random 100% CPU and drains battery quickly

Motorola DROID PRO uses Random 100% CPU and drains battery quickly

Hi, I am using Motorola DROID PRO which were working so fine before some days, but don’t know what could be the problem but I have started getting problem with the phone as after using it sometime constantly it uses Random 100% CPU and first because of that the mobile hangs and freezes and after that it results in to quicker battery drain. Is there anybody over here having similar issue with their mobile, or I am the only victim?

Actually when I checked system panel and it demonstrated that it was a system process called init, but obviously, I am completely unaware about this thing. Thus, please let me know what could be the possible solution for the same?

Re: Motorola DROID PRO uses Random 100% CPU and drains battery quickly

Yeh, as you have mentioned like the system panel is displaying and process called init, but this couldn’t be the actual cause rather I think this could be because of some of the application that you might have installed in the phone. Are you sure that you haven’t installed such application which might be faulty or which is not actually compatible with the phone you are having. Thus, first you should make sure whether you have installed any such application in your mobile or what, and if you have doubt on any application then you should try to get it removed from the mobile and then see whether you are getting the same performance from the phone or what?

see as mentioned above application could be one of the causes but still if you wanted to be quite precise for the same then you should attempt to remove all the third party application first from the phone because they are the major concerning issues with such kind of troubles. When we make use of any such application with the phone at that time it used to cause problem with the phone and if suppose it get worked perfectly then it cause another problem such as quicker battery drain and so many others.

I think you should try to reset the firmware because it seems that there could be some real problem with the firmware installed in the mobile and nothing with the application, actually I am having another phone but still experienced the same problem with the phone and that’s why I am quite aware about this kind of threats with the mobile and at that time the only option I was having was the firmware resetting, thus I would also recommend you the same thing to do.

I hope you must be aware about the process as by soft resetting the firmware you will get the restored factory settings to your device, I have found it less useful in such cases rather another process that’s hard resetting will restore almost all the factory data to your phone replacing the existing one. Thus it is obvious thing as you’ll lose each and every data from the phone so it would be better if you keep backup copy of important data.

well, after using the application you should always make sure whether you have close those application perfectly or not, because running in the background can also cause huge battery drains since this is not the fault but fact.

Every now and then we do observe these odd high-drain states. Phone frequently gets warm which is a tell-tale sign. Does yours?

Whenever the same thing happens to me, i usually restart mine phone, just to stop that procedure. If it is an application, it's going to be tough to pinpoint. But still as mentioned above this could be happened because of the third party application thus you can start with that only. I doubt taking it in would help, either. Our engineers are pretty much continually on the lookout for these things so they can approved them, so any supplementary specification you have would be great.

How precisely did you recognize the init. process?

Though I am agree with the above user as you should off course try with resetting the firmware but you can have another option as well over here to make reinstallation of the whole firmware in the mobile, I used to do the same thing while I got any problem with it.

Why don’t you visit the service center because I don’t think there could be some issue with the firmware that you have installed in the phone rather it seems that there is some major issue with the phone’s hardware which could be causing such issue with the phone.

And as far as warranty is concerned I would there are certain terms and conditions and according to that only you will get the services for the claimed warranty. But still it would be better if you just visit there as soon as possible rather than applying all such solution on your own or it might be possible that you may void the warranty for the device and after that just forget about the service without any cost.

overheating is one of the issue which can lead the battery to be drained faster than is supposed to last.

thus make sure whether the device getting any such problem or what, and if so then I think this could be some real problem with the hardware that you are using in your mobile, and you should test it properly.

Exactly I was also thinking about the same thing as it would better to visit the service center rather than doing all the thing on our own, because I am not even aware about the warranty terms and conditions thus it might be possible that some misshapen can also lead to void the warranty.