Thread: UNABLE for Toshiba XPS Viewer to "Save as type” images in WINDOWS7

UNABLE for Toshiba XPS Viewer to "Save as type” images in WINDOWS7

I am using Satellite A665-S6086, Windows 7 Home Premium 64, with browser of IE 8. While saving a photo from a website to the My Pictures folder, XPS Viewer does not identifies the photo's file type such as .jpg or .tif. In place of it, saves all photos as .bmp unless I type the file extension. The only drop-down selection in "Save as type" is Bitmap (.bmp).

In the earlier period it always recognized the kind of the file and saved the photo in the photo's own file type. The drop-down "Save as type" selections incorporated bitmap, TIFF, RAW and JPEG and I could click one of those if I required for saving the photo in a different file type. To the finest of my information I made no modification in program settings and I haven't downloaded any photography, picture viewer or media programs. It is not possible for me to go backwards.

re: UNABLE for XPS Viewer to

I doubt if you are using a third-party XPS viewer. Have you opened this file? %systemroot%\system32\xpsrchvw.exe . The possible error occurs due to this .if you keep open this file all the images you want to save will not be saved in my pictures?

After trying this you will get No problem with the XPS Viewer.
    Following the link to the Microsoft Support page and by knowing the all the steps to the very last one. Moving to the Temporary Internet Files folder to a new location and then try saving a JPEG image in that location and sure enough, the whole filename with the .jpg extension came into view.

To perform the solution or to open the XPS Viewer, Paste the line given below into your Start, Search box.
    %systemroot%\system32\xpsrchvw.exe
    But I would like to know which browser and of which version are you running.

After solving this issue some users still face the issue of moving the file back to its original location or they doubt whether it will simply lead to the similar problem another time?.But the answer to this would be that I really don't assume but for consistency and continuity I'm wondering if it should go reverse where it has been all along.

All your methods will work but it will not particular if we consider this the only solution. you should check the browser for more details.try by uninstalling your current browser and install a fresh copy of new version.try by this new one. You told that you are using IE 8, I suppose you switch on to another browser like safari or opera or the better option available is Mozilla firefox. You will be able to see the difference by this method.

re: UNABLE for Toshiba XPS Viewer to "Save as type” images in WINDOWS7

If you don’t want to switch to another browser and comfortable with your current browser, Try resetting IE8. To do this, click on Reset Internet Explorer settings. It may be like to get the prompt of actual failure view the source code of a web page. To do this, Click on Source on the View menu. It will help to see you the code. The code appears like <html>……and tags. Viewing this code will as surely give that there is no problem with internet explorer.

The basic steps to save the images to your folders is at the time while saving an picture in Microsoft Internet Explorer, the default image I saved by it is a bitmap (.bmp). The option is not available to save the image by using an extension except .bmp. Even when the image uses a different format (such as .gif or .jpeg) it will save as .bmp.

For instance, when you right-click an picture on a network page, and then click Save Picture As, the file name that emerges in the File name box is Untitled, and the kind of the file appears in the Save as type box is Bitmap (*.bmp).

The internet images are not been able to save so I think that operating system you are using shall have gone corrupt. it requires install ling of new fresh OS. You should upgrade the system of windows 7 or windows XP sp3. All the operating system is refreshed and also a new fresh internet explorer will be launched.