Thread: Can my HTC Explorer handle a 32GB memory sd card?

Can my HTC Explorer handle a 32GB memory sd card?

I have HTC Explorer mobile phone and default specification of this Android smartphone is an Android 2.3 entry level smartphone with a modest 600 MHz Qualcomm processor, 512 MB of RAM, 3.2″ TFT capacitive touch screen, 3.15 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS etc. I read its full specification and it mentions few things related to SD card. A special slot for inserting a memory card that allows to attach up to 32GB external memory card. Should it possible that to complete access 32GB of memory card or not. If anyone has experience about it, please share your knowledge. I’m waiting your reply.

Re: Can my HTC Explorer handle a 32GB memory sd card?

When we confirm that a mobile phone works with a larger capacity memory card than the manufacturer things that it doesn’t give any problem for such high memory size card. Hence I think there is not any issue if you properly insert correct memory card onto this mobile slot.

A memory card is a flash memory data storage device used in a wide range of smartphone. Memory cards are based on Flash memory and are used as solid state storage and its main objective is to be store memory as per its capability with the existing memory card. The mobile phone you mentioned is to be HTC Explorer and it comfortable with 2, 4, 8, 16GB memory cards without any doubts. But in case of 32 GB card, we can’t sure that complete 32GB accessible onto this mobile phone. Sometimes it possible that only near about 30GB or its relative size memory can be accessible. Most of this storage device, we can’t access complete size memory card. I thing there is not any connectivity problem arrives with this mobile phone. You can also check this connection with 32 GB memory card.

Yes, 32GB SD card is comfortable with this mobile phone. The dimensions of an SD card are 24 x 32 x 2.1 mm, which makes it smaller than Compact Flash. As manufacturers rarely test their products for compatibility with newer and larger cards that come out on market. But before launching there product they have make sure all product features and specification works correctly or not. Hence I think there is not any problem arrives with this mobile phone.

If you faced any SD card connectivity or storage type of problem, then you can also manage its setting by using just simple way. In that use open Astro ->Menu -> More -> Preferences -> Home Screen Icons -> SD Card. it gives you complete details of the connected SD card in your mobile phone. Hence use this option and check that card works properly or not.

Exclamation Re: Can my HTC Explorer handle a 32GB memory sd card?

friends I have inserted 16GB card in my htc explorer.. but I can't use it.. when i download any app they show me your internal memory is low.. I can't even download games.. shopkeeper tells me "I can't help you." Friends please anyone help me or give me contact number who can help me...

Quote Originally Posted by kunali View Post
    friends I have inserted 16GB card in my htc explorer.. but I can't use it.. when i download any app they show me your internal memory is low.. I can't even download games.. shopkeeper tells me "I can't help you." Friends please anyone help me or give me contact number who can help me...
    HTC Explorer phone does supports 32gb of memory card. And by default, all applications on the handset are installed on the phone memory. An application can only be moved to the microSD card if it was designed by the developer to have that function. So, you will have to root your phone inorder to install apps and games in SD card. But rooting will cause you warranty void.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Most of the mid ranged android devices dont support apps installation in external memory card. Bydefault they install everything in the internal storage which is just 90MB in HTC Explorer. Hence you are getting that error. By the way, there are few apps available on Google play that allows you to install on external sd card. try searching "Apps to SD" on google play and install. See if it helps.