Thread: PC shutdown during mango update procedure

PC shutdown during mango update procedure

Hi, I am having very weird problem while updating my windows phone as when I was attempting to install mango update in the phone PC were getting rebooted and this happened several time thus I am not getting what could be the problem, because when it happened for the first time I thought it would be an normal reboot but as it is happening each and every time I tried to update the phone firmware, I have tried to determine the exact percentage this happens at but was unable to do that. Anyways any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: PC shutdown during mango update procedure

I don’t think there could be some problem in the mobile phone updating procedure rather there could be some real problem in the PC itself, are you sure that this is happening only when you try to update the mobile firmware? Because I used to do the same thing with my machine and no doubt phone reboots several time during the process but as the extent to I know PC never gets rebooted thus surely there is some problem with your machine itself, you should first of all try to test it before continuing another time, because if you keep doing the same thing again and again It may damage any other thing in your machine or in the phone for sure.

you must be using “Zune” for updating the firmware isn’t it? If so then you should make sure whether the software is working perfectly or not, and if suppose you are not getting whether there is some problem is there or not then also you can try reinstall that software for once and then see whether you are having the same problem with updating the firmware or what?

exactly having almost same opinion but along with that have you ever tried to do the same thing with any other machine? You should attempt for that as well so that you can have better idea whether there is some problem with your mobile or this procedure is causing this problem.

are you sure that you have carried out each and every steps perfectly while updating the software in your mobile?

Because it might be possible that because of some mistake you must be having such trouble, anyways if you are really about to do that again then first reinstall the Zune as well and then only proceed.

But still my recommendation is quite different as you should try to get the firmware update through the service center rather than doing on your own, because it may cause serious damage to the phone as if the same problem happened each and every time you do that.