Thread: LG E900 keep rebooting running mango update and IE 9 crashes

LG E900 keep rebooting running mango update and IE 9 crashes

Hi, I am a former windows mobile user and this one of my favorite in which I have installed mango update but wondering what could be the problem with the phone as it just keeps rebooting and when it comes to IE9 it just sucks with this mango update. Yesterday I was answering a thread here at techarena and the tab crashed while I was typing. In addition, apart from this the thing that really piss me off is that I can't run usually 3rd party applications anymore with this phone. Any idea what could be the problem with the phone? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: LG E900 keep rebooting running mango update and IE 9 crashes

have you tried reinstalling internet explorer 9 in the mobile ever yet? If not then you should do that as it could be one of the problem causing the phone keeps rebooting.

have you tried resetting the firmware yet? Because I think there could be some problem with the device firmware for sure which is actually crashing the IE9 and keeps restarting the phone, thus I think after resetting the firmware the issue would be resolved for sure.

You have two option over here like you can simply try soft resetting which will let you enable to delete all the settings you have made in the device and the hard resetting will let you restore all the factory data replacing the current data, thus It simply means you’ll lose each and every content from the phone if you didn’t get it backup of those data, in fact it is been strongly recommended by the experts.

I think as you have mentioned about rebooting but this is surely because of the browser which is been integrated with the firmware, hope I am not wrong. Because see if the browser is not really integrated then you can have option over here, I mean to say you should try to make use of any other software rather browser in your mobile instead this IE9 and see whether you are getting the same thing or what? Because I personally believe that if this is happening only because of the browser than surely it will resolved as soon as you make use of another one. Anyways I have mentioned the list of browser which is good for the windows mobiles.

Skyfire: Uses server-side rendering to push pre-formatted pages to your device quickly. Supports flash.

Opera Mini: almost same as skyfire, but doesn't support flash.

Iris Browser : Uses device-side rendering, so a bit slower than Opera Mini and Skyfire, is based off of Webkit. Supports some flash.

Opera Mobile 9.5: Uses device-side rendering, so a bit slower than browsers above. Great user interface, excellent rendering integrity, doesn't support flash.

NetFront : bit slower than Opera Mini and Skyfire, but is "lighter" than Opera Mobile 9.5 and thus a bit faster.

In addition, apart from this the thing that really piss me off is that I can't run usually 3rd party applications anymore with this phone.
    I think you are right, see actually the thing is like it is possible to make use of third party application in the phone but still it is always been recommended to not to use such application in the phone rather you can have option to make use of the genuine applications. Thus though you are having any such application installed in the phone I would like to suggest you that you should not make use of it, rather it would be better if you remove it, because it might be possible that you might be having problem with the device because of that only.

have you tried reinstalling the firmware of you phone? If not then you should try that for sure because I think that’s the only option left to you according to me.

Dude, I think you should visit the service center because it seems you must be having some problem with the device’s hardware rather than the software because see I have seen that after reinstall the firmware in the phone almost each and everything in the phone becomes perfectly working, but here the situation is quite different and seems you must be having the same problem with the phone isn’t it? In addition, I think if this could be some issue with the phone itself then surely you’ll get some solution for it.

In fact, I was also about visit the service center only because i have done almost everything mentioned by the above user, but I think this is really because of the IE 9 integration with the update, isn’t it? In addition, it ok if they are giving this thing with the update but it should be well tested at least.