Thread: GPS Not Working after update to iOS5

GPS Not Working after update to iOS5

I was using iphone 4 previously and I have recently upgraded to the ios5 recently and every other thin is working fine except the gps . I have installed Sygic and Nagignon and I have found that they both are not able to connect to the GPS signal. I have also found that the Foursquare and Gowalla are not working with after the ios5 update even though all these apps were working just fine previously. I have found the maps to be working but then they are not able to detect the location that I enter. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem before and has an idea about the same and can help me out with this. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: GPS Not Working after update to iOS5

I was using iphone 4 previously and I have recently upgraded to the ios5 recently and every other thin is working fine except the gps . I have installed Sygic and Nagignon and I have found that they both are not able to connect to the GPS signal. I have also found that the Foursquare and Gowalla are not working with after the ios5 update even though all these apps were working just fine previously. I have found the maps to be working but then they are not able to detect the location that I enter. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem before and has an idea about the same and can help me out with this. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

I have been facing the same problem I mean after upgrading to the ios5 there is no gps in my phone but it was there previously with my iPhone 3GS (baseband 05.16.05) on the other hand my sister is having the same phone and we both have tried upgrading to the ios5 at the same time but then I have found that she is having the gps in her phone even after the update and I am really finding it very strange now .I have tried reinstalling the ios5 again but it is not helping me out I don’t think that we need any kind of luck to get the gps after the ios5 update. I really don’t know what to do now is there a solution to get it work?

I have been facing the same problem I mean after upgrading to the ios5 there is no gps in my phone but it was there previously with my iPhone 3GS (baseband 05.16.05) on the other hand my sister is having the same phone and we both have tried upgrading to the ios5 at the same time but then I have found that she is having the gps in her phone even after the update and I am really finding it very strange now .I have tried reinstalling the ios5 again but it is not helping me out I don’t think that we need any kind of luck to get the gps after the ios5 update. I really don’t know what to do now is there a solution to get it work?
    Hey your situation seems to be same like me but not exactly the same I mean that I am having an iphone 4 and I have upgraded it to the ios5 and I have got the gps app as well but then I am getting "Poor GPS" and on the other hand my friend has also upgraded to the ios5 and even he is having iphone 4 but gps is working great in his phone and not mine. I really don’t know what is the problem all about I have also tried to reinstall the ios5 a no of times but I don’t think that it is helping at all. I have also tried to use the other gps apps like Sygic and Nagignon but then I am still not able to get it work by now and I really doubt that there is a solution for it as well because it is just giving strange result to different user and now I am really willing to switch back to the iOS 4.3 but when I tried to restoring it from a backup I was just able to restore the application and the settings but I was not able to get the ios version of it so I just wanted to know how to restore back to the iOS 4.3.Any help will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to refer to the “How to Downgrade iOS 5 Back to iOS 4.3.3 Tutorial [Video]” just enter the title in the google and then follow the steps that are specified and then see if you are able to downgrade back to the iOS 4.3.Hope that helps.

You can try to change the Network Settings and in order to do so just follow the below steps:

Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

And after that it will ask that “This will delete all network settings “after that tap the red "Reset Network Settings” and then the phone will reboot and then run the gps and see if it is working now. If now than let me know so I can help you further.

You can try to change the Network Settings and in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    And after that it will ask that “This will delete all network settings “after that tap the red "Reset Network Settings” and then the phone will reboot and then run the gps and see if it is working now. If now than let me know so I can help you further.

I don’t think that resetting the Network Settings is working out as I have tried the same and I have also tried to reinstall the app a no of time but then I don’t think that it is helping me out. Have also checked the gps info but then it is just showing the coordinates but the navigation software is not able to get the location that I have entered I really don’t know what is the problem is it the app or is it the ios version that I have installed. Is there any other method that has been working to solve this issue by now?

I was trying the GPS function in my car and I am having a GPSINFO app and I had turned WIFI, DATA and 3G off just to check it out but then I have found that when all these three are turned off then I was not getting any co-ordinates and when I turned them all then I was able to get the co-ordinates but then it was not getting refreshed and because of which I was not able to see the speed measures and when I keep the wifi and the data on then I was getting the co-ordinates and it was getting refreshed as well but then there was no speed measures I don’t know that why I am getting different result for WIFI, DATA and 3G.

I have been using” Navigon gps” and I have found that using it on my 4S phone the speed read that it gives is inaccurate as compared to that of the car's speedometer and I have also found that the that my position while driving is not picked up quickly and it takes a longer time to locate it but I was not facing the same problem previously. I have also tried to contact the Navigon people but they said that they are aware of this issue and they are working on it as well. My brother is having a TomTom and he said that even he is facing this type of issues so I think that I will have ti wait to get it work perfectly.

Even I think that there is some problem with the gps and I am saying this because I have found that some apps that I have set to get the location service are not able to release the location even after I close the app and I am able to see the arrow symbol that is usually displayed while using the apps.If this would have been an apple issue than I think that it would have been solved by now.

angry Re: GPS Not Working after update to iOS5

Ever since I upgraded from the iPhone 4 with iOS 4.4 to the iPhone 4S and iOS 5 the GPS data to my Runkeeper Pro app has been very erratic. Location, speed, split times, etc are totally unusable...making the app unusable. suggested using Jog Log which exports its data to Runkeeper. It is clearly better, but a problem remains. Runkeeper did one update since then suggesting that it fixed a GPS signal logging bug. For most of us, it got worse. It now says that I run a 2.3 minute mile (age 70) and ride my bike 50 to 90 MPH (all erratically).
    No word yet from Runkeeper or Apple on GPS issues. iOS 5.1 is in progress.