Thread: WIFI tether keeps rebooting LG ESTEEM

WIFI tether keeps rebooting LG ESTEEM

Hi, I have recently purchased LG ESTEEM and while I was practicing tethering through the phone I came to know about the bug as whenever I try to tether the device it just keeps rebooting the device unnecessarily, don’t know what could be the problem but I was just stumped over there and was wondering what to do, because I have never ever seen any such problem with the device ever. So it would be better if someone help me resolving the problem pursuing in my phone.

Re: WIFI tether keeps rebooting LG ESTEEM

Are you sure that this is happening only because of the tethering? Because I have never heard about this ever and that’s why I am completely unaware about this.

Anyways assuming as this could be because of the tethering than first I would like to suggest you is to make sure about the application that you are using as whether it is working perfectly or not, because most of the time faulty applications became the only reason causing such problem with the phone in fact they were not concern with the tether as well.

Thus first of all ensure whether the application is working perfectly or not, and if not then you should try to avoid using the same application rather there are too many others so that you can use that as well, but If you wanted to make use of same application then you should try to first get it reinstalled in your device and off course don’t install it from the same set or you may get the same problem again rather you can download it again from the market and then install it.

it seems like you must have rooted the phone, isn’t it? So have you ever noticed any imbalanced in the phone’s workability? If yes then I think tethering Is not the main problem rather you must be having problem because of the rooting.

Are you sure that you have rooted the device perfectly? See for a time being you should try to get the phone with the normal mode and then see whether the same thing is happening or not because if you are not getting any problem with the phone that surely means for the first time there were some problem with rooting only, and if you wanted to root the phone again you can surely do that but while doing it make sure you are doing it correct or root the phone under expertise guidance.

whenever you tether the phone are you running any other application as well in background ? as this could result the phone in overheating and that can also causes constant rebooting.

have you ever tried resetting the firmware? If not than you should try that because after the application the major causes are being cause due the faulty firmware installed in the mobile. Thus when you get it reset everything will be fine again. But after seeing your situation I don’t think soft resetting will work rather you need to hard reset the device than only it seems like the problem would be resolved in the your mobile. But be aware as whenever you make a hard reset, the data will be wiped out from the device thus you can either take a back up to SDcard or in your PC.

completely agree with the above user as there could be some real problem with the application but along with that there is another thing as well that mat come to scenario as whenever the phone keeps any faulty cache for the applications then also it cause such problems with the phone, and thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to clear all those cache from the mobile and then see what happens.

If you don’t know how to do that, you can follow the steps mentioned,

• First of all open the Settings from the menu

• After that select Applications

• Select “Manage Applications”

• As soon as you reach to that screen you can see the option for clearing the data for applications, thus you can select that particular application and clear its data.

I think you should try to reinstall the firmware in the mobile if resetting the firmware won’t get help you anyway.

Why don’t you visit service center for the same because see no matter whichever mobile it is or whatever problem is there in the mobile everything would be resolved over there for sure. And off course it is much more better than applying solution on our own, because we use to apply the thing which we have seen or heard from anywhere and the bottom line Is like we are completely unaware about the issue. I have recommended the same thing again and again, and really many people have gotten the solution from the there itself and that’s why I would like to suggest you the same thing.

though you can visit the service center but still I would like to recommend you that you should at least try to format the whole SD card once and then see whether you are pursuing the same problem or not because once when I was having the same problem, at that time after formatting the card everything was perfect again, thus hoping that the method could help you as well, and no doubt as there won’t be any data in the card then how the phone will be restarted again?

I was also thinking about the same as visiting service center would be better option because I have don’t almost each and everything that you have suggested me over here but still pursuing the same problem. But off course thanks for the efforts that you have made towards answering this thread.