Thread: My iphone 4s has started freezing frequently

My iphone 4s has started freezing frequently

I have bought a iphone 4s a week ago and it was working well by now the phone has started freezing every now and then it has started all this suddenly I don’t know what has went wrong with it. Since the morning it has frozen more than five times and I am really getting irritated with this now. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: My iphone 4s has started freezing frequently

I have bought a iphone 4s a week ago and it was working well by now the phone has started freezing every now and then it has started all this suddenly I don’t know what has went wrong with it. Since the morning it has frozen more than five times and I am really getting irritated with this now. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Even I have started facing the same problem with my AT&T black 32GB iPhone 4S as far as I remember the phone has been frozen for 9 times in the last 24 hours and this is really very disappointing, I really did no expected this with the iphone and I have also found that I have lost some of my folders as well when I was synchronizing I mean while I was installing apps from the itunes.I also think that the battery life is not good because when I use the camera and browse over the internet for some time then the battery just last for 8 to 9 hrs which is just very less. I am really facing horrible problems with this phone now and I don’t know what to do to solve this problems.

I am having the exact problem and I think that my case is the worst because my phone freezes after every half an hour I have tried to reboot the phone when it gets freeze but then it just solve the problem for that moment and after some time the problem remains the same .I have also tried to reinstall the ios for 5 times thinking that it will surely solve the problem but unfortunately id did not and now I don’t know what to do. I really wish that I had not got it as soon as after the release I mean that I should have waited for response of it. I don’t know if there are a no of people having this type of problem but then I think that this should not be a problem altogether and I really don’t find that rebooting it by simply holding down home and power button at for every time the phone gets freezed to be a solution for this problem I think that there should be a update to fix it out soon.

I am having the exact problem and I think that my case is the worst because my phone freezes after every half an hour I have tried to reboot the phone when it gets freeze but then it just solve the problem for that moment and after some time the problem remains the same .I have also tried to reinstall the ios for 5 times thinking that it will surely solve the problem but unfortunately id did not and now I don’t know what to do. I really wish that I had not got it as soon as after the release I mean that I should have waited for response of it. I don’t know if there are a no of people having this type of problem but then I think that this should not be a problem altogether and I really don’t find that rebooting it by simply holding down home and power button at for every time the phone gets freezed to be a solution for this problem I think that there should be a update to fix it out soon.

What I have found is that there might be other apps that are running in the background if we are switching between the apps and these apps that are running in the background consumes the battery and even results in the freezing of the phone if there is a no of apps in the background.In order to check them out just double tap the home button and then you will get a list of applications that are running in the background and you might not be aware of them as well.I will like to share that I was having almost 25 apps in the background and they all were running as well and as I was not aware of it my phone was getting freezed every now and then and even I was thinking that there is some problem with the battery as well because it used to get drained in 6 to 7 hours even though I used to charger it to full. So just check that if you all are having the same case and if it is so then push and hold on the till you get a red circle with a minus sign and then click on the sign and close the apps just do this for all the apps that might be running in the background one by one and then check if the problem is solved or not. I was able to solve my problem after following this method and I think that the same should work for you as well just check it out and then let me know whether it help or not. Best of luck.

What I have found is that there might be other apps that are running in the background if we are switching between the apps and these apps that are running in the background consumes the battery and even results in the freezing of the phone if there is a no of apps in the background.In order to check them out just double tap the home button and then you will get a list of applications that are running in the background and you might not be aware of them as well.I will like to share that I was having almost 25 apps in the background and they all were running as well and as I was not aware of it my phone was getting freezed every now and then and even I was thinking that there is some problem with the battery as well because it used to get drained in 6 to 7 hours even though I used to charger it to full. So just check that if you all are having the same case and if it is so then push and hold on the till you get a red circle with a minus sign and then click on the sign and close the apps just do this for all the apps that might be running in the background one by one and then check if the problem is solved or not. I was able to solve my problem after following this method and I think that the same should work for you as well just check it out and then let me know whether it help or not. Best of luck.
    I don’t think that the problem is because of this because my phone is having the same freezing problem and I have been closing the apps that are running in the background since the day I have started using the phone as I was aware of it so I never made the app running in the background to be more than 3 to 4 and even though I have left no apps in the background the problem remains the same. I don’t have a battery problem as I think that it is working for long hours but then the freezing problem is not getting over even though I have rebooted the phone several times and have reinstalled the ios as well.

I don’t think that the problem is because of this because my phone is having the same freezing problem and I have been closing the apps that are running in the background since the day I have started using the phone as I was aware of it so I never made the app running in the background to be more than 3 to 4 and even though I have left no apps in the background the problem remains the same. I don’t have a battery problem as I think that it is working for long hours but then the freezing problem is not getting over even though I have rebooted the phone several times and have reinstalled the ios as well.

I think that I have a solution for it but I am really not sure if it is a perfect solution for the problem but then trying out a full restore via iTunes and then setting the iPhone 4S as a new iphone 4s has really worked for me. I had tried restoring it previously from a backup of my iPhone 4 but I was still facing the same problem but after full restore via iTunes I am not facing any such problem again so if you want you all can try this out and check if anyone of you is getting help from this.

I think that I have a solution for it but I am really not sure if it is a perfect solution for the problem but then trying out a full restore via iTunes and then setting the iPhone 4S as a new iphone 4s has really worked for me. I had tried restoring it previously from a backup of my iPhone 4 but I was still facing the same problem but after full restore via iTunes I am not facing any such problem again so if you want you all can try this out and check if anyone of you is getting help from this.
    I don’t think that any following solution is working out for me and now I am feeling that there is some kind of hardware problem with the phone itself and I will have to get it replaced:
    • Hard reset and soft reset
    • Closing the multiple apps running in the background.
    • Reinstalling the iOS.
    • And I have also tried to do a restore via iTunes and then setting the iPhone 4S as a new iphone 4s but even it did not worked.

I will not suggest you to restore the phone via iTunes and then setting the iPhone 4S as a new iphone because I have found a no of people facing some other problem after this I will suggest you to set it up as a new phone and after that just connect it to icloud and then update the phone and this solution has been found to be working well in a no of forum so just check it out and then let me know if it works or not.

I will suggest you to go to the apple center and get it replaced after the above solution are not working for you because I have found people claiming that they have solved their problem with some of the above solution but unfortunately none of them was working for me and I finally got it replaced and it is working fine now without any such problem so far.

Yes even I think that I should try for a replacement or leave it on the apple people to crack their brains on it or just give me a replacement because by now I really don’t have any patience to try out any more solution anymore.

I have been in a no of forum where people have raised this issue and I have found most of the people to be mentioning it as a hardware problem and they have got it solved either by getting it repaired form the apple store or they have just got a replacement for the same even though there are some people who have tried a no of solution and have finally got it worked I will suggest you to visit the store and leave it on then to find a solution for it or give you a replacement. Best of luck

I have got my replacement today and it is working fine now but I really wish that it does not suffer the same problem again because then I really won’t have patience to deal with it again. I didn’t not expected such problems with the iphone but now I am really happy that the I am not facing the freezing problem anymore.