Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 after iOS 5 update keeps searching for network and stays with no service

iPhone 4 after iOS 5 update keeps searching for network and stays with no service

I have recently got an iphone 4 with iOS 5 and it was working quite well by now but I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly I mean that from a couple of days the phone keeps on searching for network and is not able to catch network as well and it just stays with no service. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: iPhone 4 after iOS 5 update keeps searching for network and stays with no service

I have recently got an iphone 4 with iOS 5 and it was working quite well by now but I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly I mean that from a couple of days the phone keeps on searching for network and is not able to catch network as well and it just stays with no service. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.
    Even I was facing the same kind of problem but not exactly the same I was just pissed of with this until I found the cause for it actually I had the PIN “ON” on my Sim card. I don’t know what it was causing problem with it but I was really facing problems like dropping of network and even slow boot some times and sometimes it used to just keep searching for network all the time. After I turned the PIN “off” of it was working fine and I don’t face the same problems again. Just check it out if you are having the same case and then let me know if your problem is solved or not if not then I will try to help you with some other solutions.

Re: iPhone 4 after iOS 5 update keeps searching for network and stays with no service

Even I was facing the same kind of problem but not exactly the same I was just pissed of with this until I found the cause for it actually I had the PIN “ON” on my Sim card. I don’t know what it was causing problem with it but I was really facing problems like dropping of network and even slow boot some times and sometimes it used to just keep searching for network all the time. After I turned the PIN “off” of it was working fine and I don’t face the same problems again. Just check it out if you are having the same case and then let me know if your problem is solved or not if not then I will try to help you with some other solutions.

I have checked the pin and it is showing off actually I have not change any settings till now so I don’t think that there should be a problem like this. I have already tried to solve this problem by trying to reset the phone and I have also installed the iOS 5 again thinking at least this will solve the problem but even it did not helped and I am facing the same problem. I don’t know why it is making me think that it is due to some hardware problem. I mean the hardware that is used to catch the network is not working properly but I am not really sure about his. Any further help will be appreciated.

Just try out the solution below and check if it works for you:

First Go to "Settings” and then got to "General" and then to "Reset" and finally to "Reset Network Settings"

After that I will say that “This will delete all network settings " so now just tap the red "Reset Network Settings" and after that your phone will be rebooted.
    After reboot just go to the settings again and turn “on” the "Airplane mode” and then see if it is able to get the network.

Just check it out and see if it works or not and let me know.

I am facing the same problem and I think that this is some kind of bug because I have found a no of people facing the same problem after ios 5 update and I really don’t think that this is any kind of hardware problem. I have not found any one coming up with an effective solution for it. I have tried to upgrade the phone to ios 5 a no of times but it is just not working at all and it is really making me disappointed and now I am really regretting on my decision of upgrading to the ios 5.

Yes this is not any kind of hardware problem I was facing the same problem previously and I had also tried to reset and upgrade the phone a no of times and it was not at all working for me but then I thought that there is some problem with the simcard as I found that there were scratches’ on the golden plate so I went to my network provider’s service center and then they said that this is not due to the simcard but then I assist them for replacing it think that it would work out but then even after getting a new sim the problem was the same. They said me that this might be some kind of hardware problem and I will have to visit the apple center to find it out and when I visited the apple center and showed them my problem then they were not able to find it out and they gave me a replacement and then when I upgraded the new phone with the ios 5 then I found that the problem was still existing and I really don’t know what to do now after trying all my very best that I could have tried. I have tried to found a no of people having the same problem but there was no one with a solution for it but I have came across one saying that the apple is looking for it and they will solve it in their net update but I don’t think that’s this a way out for such problems.

I am facing the same problem and I think that this is some kind of bug because I have found a no of people facing the same problem after ios 5 update and I really don’t think that this is any kind of hardware problem. I have not found any one coming up with an effective solution for it. I have tried to upgrade the phone to ios 5 a no of times but it is just not working at all and it is really making me disappointed and now I am really regretting on my decision of upgrading to the ios 5.
    I think that I have a solution for it I mean that I was having the same problem but then I was able to solve it out. I will suggest you to try factory setting but before that just get the backup of all the data that you need. Trying out factory setting has really worked out for me so I think that it should help you as well.

I think that I have a solution for it I mean that I was having the same problem but then I was able to solve it out. I will suggest you to try factory setting but before that just get the backup of all the data that you need. Trying out factory setting has really worked out for me so I think that it should help you as well.

I think that you must be lucky that the factory setting has worked for you because I have also tried the factory setting a no of times but then it is just not working for me. This is what I have tried out by now.
    • Tried Hard reset for a no of times
    • Upgraded to ios 5 for 4 times
    • Tried factory setting thrice.

Any other solution than the above will be appreciated.

I don’t think that the solution that you have specified is really helpful because I have tried the same for a no of times but then ti just helps for some minutes and after that the problem remains the same I think that it would have been helpful if it could have worked for some hours rather than 10 to 15 minutes’ think that forcing the sim to get the network connection is a good idea but then it is just not a practical solution to carry it out every time for this type problem. I think that we should just flood the apple support with this problem so they at least take it in to their consideration

I think that you must be lucky that the factory setting has worked for you because I have also tried the factory setting a no of times but then it is just not working for me. This is what I have tried out by now.

* Tried Hard reset for a no of times
    * Upgraded to ios 5 for 4 times
    * Tried factory setting thrice.

Any other solution than the above will be appreciated.

I have tried all these solutions but I really don’t think that they are helping I mean that they are just helping for some seconds or a minute but after that the problem occurs again and then the phone again starts searching for network.Even I think that it is some kind of bug and I really wish that it gets fixed with the newer version of the iOS 5.

I have a iphone 4 with the iOS 5.0.1 software update installed on it. I had the same fustrating problem everyone on here is having... It kept saying "searching..." but my wifi was working... When i went on aeroplane mode and then turned it off instead of searching i had full reception bars but my O2-UK sign was missing....i still couldn't make calls or text anyone properly...and my fone became retarded.
    To SOLVE this all i did was first switched my areoplane mode on and off so the reception bars appeared and then i switched my wi-fi off....and finally enabled my 3G and cellular data. This automatically fixed my network searching problem.

I had the same problem and it turned out that it was tied to the iTunes account which is why it followed me to all the iPhone replacements and sim card replacements. I fixed it by resetting the iPhone back to defaults and creating a new iTunes account and logging in with that account. Of course, the problem with this solution is that you lose all your purchases and any gift cards you might have redeemed. So far apple has refused to transfer anything to the new account but I am still fighting it.

Hi. I've been having exactly the same problems myself. Having spent an hour on the phone to Orange earlier today we tried pretty much everything suggested here - all to no avail though. They're going to call me back later this evening to try and sort this either through iTunes or remotely. This all started yesterday morning and because it keeps looping round trying to find a service, it's draining the battery very quickly. If I find an answer I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockchick61 View Post
    Hi. I've been having exactly the same problems myself. Having spent an hour on the phone to Orange earlier today we tried pretty much everything suggested here - all to no avail though. They're going to call me back later this evening to try and sort this either through iTunes or remotely. This all started yesterday morning and because it keeps looping round trying to find a service, it's draining the battery very quickly. If I find an answer I'll let you know.
    Have you got a pin lock on the sim card? Also, did you try some other sim card in your iphone and checked whether it is a problem of sim card or the phone itself? Apple has released a fix of IOS 5.1 that you can update on your iphone and also see if that works for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    Have you got a pin lock on the sim card? Also, did you try some other sim card in your iphone and checked whether it is a problem of sim card or the phone itself? Apple has released a fix of IOS 5.1 that you can update on your iphone and also see if that works for you or not.
    Thanks for that. I have got a PIN number so could try that wriggle. At present my SIM card is in my husband's old BlackBerry phone and everything is fine with it, it's not looping round so is stable on Orange and Orange are calling me back in a little while so I'm hoping it'll get sorted very soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast