Thread: Text tones and Vibration is not working after updating with iOS5

Text tones and Vibration is not working after updating with iOS5

I have updated the iPhone of my with iOS5. As I have set the text tone and it seems to be working for a while and then it simply gets stop working. Even the vibration of the phone did not seems to working at all. I am not able to figure out why the above mentioned issue is happening into the situation of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Text tones and Vibration is not working after updating with iOS5

Well I was also facing the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have simply went to the Settings and then go for Sounds and simply turn the vibrate back due to some reason vibrate for silent was on and it was not better than that of the above ringtone.

There are lots of people who are having the same issue which you have mentioned over here. My friend has upgraded the iPhone with IOS5 and he has started to face the same problem which you have stated over here. However he has figured out that the stock alerts is seems to be working fine. Well I am highly suspecting that there is supposed to be a bug issue into the software and that is the only reason large number of people are facing the above mentioned issue.

I have done bit research work on this particular matter and I have figured out an interesting thing which will be helpful to find out the root cause of the issue and fix for the same. When you are supposed to make the custom text tones and it will prompt for the ringtone of 2-5 secs. There are lots of nice text tone which are of 1 sec or less. I have opened that particular file into the wav editor and simply added the 1.25 sec of silence in it. So that it will become of 2sec. you have to reencoded to .m4a and simply change the extension to .m4r.
    Once you have done the same it will work fine for you.

Looking at the matter I am suggesting that you should simply reset the settings of the device of yours and see whether it is working or not.

Was there an issue when you have installed the previous version of the IOS? If not than I recommend that you should downgrade the firmware and see whether it is working or not. Make sure that you should backup the data from the phone memory and do the firmware downgrade. Once you have completed with the process you should restore the back up on the phone of yours.

Looking at the matter I recommend that you should simply than you should contact the Apple developer team and file a bug report to them. They will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter.