Thread: Unable to synchronize music with LG Octane

Unable to synchronize music with LG Octane

Hi, I am using LG Octane mobile and through that whenever I try to connect it for synchronization but the media player will not recognize that my octane is a device that is supposed to be used. Is there anybody over here having same problem with the phone I have mentioned? If so then please mentioned how do I get rid out of the mobile? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to synchronize music with LG Octane

are you sure that whenever you connect the phone it just connect with the mass storage mode? Because see it is quite significant to connect the phone in that mode or else you’ll not be able to connect it however.

Thus, make sure you have made it correctly and if you haven’t then try to connect it with the mode I have mentioned. If you do not know how to change that mode you can refer the steps I have mentioned below.

• First of all tap menu button

• Select settings

• Select USB mode

• Now here you will get many options and among them select Mass Storage

Though I am agreeing with the above user but still are getting any particular error message while you connect the device? Because see it would be better if you being more specific so that I can assist you better.

Actually when I connect the mobile with the PC it just won’t detected by the PC itself but I am not getting any particular error messages regarding the same, or else off course it would be quite easy find the solution for the same. And as far as connecting mode is concern I know that we need to connect it with mass storage mode and o ff course I am doing the same. But still thanks for the valuable efforts.

I think there could be some problem with the settings you have made in the phone because I do not think the phone won’t be able to discover, because I used to get such problems with the phone but whenever I delete all the cache from the phone everything seems to be working fine again. I have mentioned how you can do that thus try this once and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Go to Home >> Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> Menu >> Filter >> All, locate Calendar Storage, go in, and hit "Clear Data".

I am agreeing with the above user as you should try to delete all the cache from the mobile. But still along with that you should make sure whether the software that you are using with the mobile for syncing it is working perfectly or not, because see if there could be some problem with the software itself then you’ll not be able to get any solution with the mobile.

Rather over here you should try to reinstall the software again in your machine and then see whether you are getting the same problem or not. When I was having the same problem I have tried almost all the things but still after all this huge effort I came to know that there were some actual problem with the synchronization software that I had installed in my system thus after reinstalling it the issue was fixed.

are you sure that the USB port that you are using is working perfectly?

Have you tried connecting your device through another port?

Also ensure whether the data cable that you are using is also working or not.

Try to connect your mobile through another PC so that you can have idea whether there is some problem in your machine or with the phone actually.

If suppose you are keep getting the same problem then I think it would be better to reset the phone firmware because see when it comes to troubleshooting this could be the very good option to start from and off course you also might be aware about the process I have mentioned.

You should try to soft resetting the firmware first and if suppose you are getting the same problem with the phone then you can try hard resetting as well. But over here If suppose you are pursuing the same problem then you may have to reinstall the firmware because I think that could be the only option that could help you with resolving this issue.

(NOTE: for both the above mentioned process it would be better to back up the data first and then only proceed with the same)

No there is another way as well, like if you are keep getting the same problem then you should try to visit the service center and let them aware about the same and see what they are saying about the same.