Thread: Unable to use runtime created image as Tile background on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

Unable to use runtime created image as Tile background on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

Come to the Windows Phone update central for information on the newest updates, including the new Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. Hence I did this OS installation onto my mobile phone. Now I trying to set run time created image as tile background onto this mobile phone but it goes failure. The code I use to set this background image is to be as follows:
    ShellTile appTile = ShellTile.ActiveTiles.First();
    StandardTileData newTileData = new StandardTileData
    {
    Title = "Tiled Background ",
    BackgroundImage = new Uri("Image.png", UriKind.Relative),
    BackTitle = "Back Title",
    BackBackgroundImage = new Uri("Image.png", UriKind.Relative)
    };
    appTile.Update(newTileData);
    Is there any person try this and get success, then please share your valuable experience. Thanks.

Re: Unable to use runtime created image as Tile background on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

For doing this task, you need to follow below mentioned process. This step by step process help to you for using this previously created image as tiled background. Then follow this process and check your system result.
    • Insert selected image onto your project.
    • Go to properties option of image and set Build action to Content.
    • After that you need to transfer Output to newer Copy or Always Copy.
    • Then open the project properties->Application->Tile options and then select your background image.

Re: Unable to use runtime created image as Tile background on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

The default application icon has a size of 62 x 62 pixel and is used in the app list. If it goes to the higher than its limitations, it gives problem. hence I would be suggest that first check the size as well as pixel of the image that you created at runtime. It might be possible that the image you created is to be extended as per the limitations. Hence try this and check that this image will be set onto tiled background or not.

Created images should be saved in the Shared/Shell Content unique folder in isolated storage. This improves security and reduces chances of unauthorized access and data corruption. However, it is the ability to control the appearance of text on a tile. Hence I would be suggested to you for use this unique special storage can be solved this problem. it will be fix your tiled background image problem. It work in positive manner.