Thread: How to add files to Notification ringtones in samsung galaxy R

How to add files to Notification ringtones in samsung galaxy R

I have some problem with Samsung galaxy R mobile related to the notification ringtones. In the Display menu and Sound, Notification ringtones suggest very limited alternatives of sounds (for received SMS).I has been not capable to insert external sounds to the directory provided in the handset. Does anybody know if it is achievable to enlarge the choice of sounds in this menu and how? Thanks for your assist.

Re: How to add files to Notification ringtones in samsung galaxy R

I think it’s only plugged your cell phone to your desktop and make use of the mass storage mode. After that just Copy and paste your music files from the desktop in your computer to the audio folder (which is within a media folder) of your cell phone. It will be added to the notification tones list in the music settings. Thanks.

I Just ran into the similar problem today (required to transfer my common notification tone from my previous cell phone) and found the result on the other web sites, which works for me:
    I worked on the SD card which is internal but I haven't tried if it functioning on the external one too, make these directory structures (from the source)
    [->Media->Audio->Alarms
    ->Media->Audio->Notifications
    ->Media->Audio->Ringtones]
    The files you place in these 3 folders will repeatedly show up in the selection lists for Alarms when it is configuring the sounds, Notifications and received Calls, correspondingly. Unluckily, they will too still show up in the Audio Player, so if you mix up through the entire your music files, it will infrequently play your ringtone or message notification. Haven't found a way to stop that (possibly setting the hidden and/or system quality on the files would do the deception?).

The ringtones for unlike applications like email and txt msg are place within every application, not in a central notification/ ringtone setting. So to get a dissimilar ring tone when say a txt message turn up this is what you do just open text message application. Choose settings from the menu. After that please scroll down the page to “notification settings” and then select “ringtone”. You can do similar thing for e-mail, I think a diverse tone for all account. I can't think I’m saying this, but it was much enhanced on my win mobile Pro 6.5 Palm Treo!
    Does anybody know if you can put diverse notifications for a Calendar alarm? It seems that every systems notification is just an ordinary ringtone??

First you switch your cell phone in "mass storage" device previous to linking to a computer. After linking via USB, you require to (down left) press menu and press ‘notifications’. The screen will show somewhat like "USB linked". You require clicking on that and a fresh screen will open, asking you several sort of verification that you require to click on. After that, you will be capable to right to use the content of the SD card on the PC screen and do almost suchlike you desire, such as creating a fresh sub-file in the music file, named " notifications / music”. Any music pathway you will put in to this file will mechanically show in the new notifications file of the cell phone.

I make the folder as optional but when I choose the tone I desire from the list, its choice a tone from the folder that came with the cell phone, although I have added my own. It’s really annoying. So I contacted customer care in Samsung and they advised that the software is not well-matched. How do I obtain the software updated or make out if mine is the newest?

The problem is that, if you make a named for Notifications folder, the software someway puzzled it with the obtainable folder bearing the similar name.For that reason, all tracks you upload in the folder you have formed is mechanically duplicated in the new folder.At any rate, this is what happened with my cell phone.I have the unique folder for Notifications, which I cannot straight access. And I have a folder which I formed, named Ringtones (ringtones /sdcard), within which I formed a sub folder named Notifications (notifications/ sdcard/ringtones/).It functioning a little similar to the music player. But on the sd card if you upload a track in a folder and say Music. Then this track will mechanically discover its method to the music player records, which by the method is chiefly boring...

In Mass Storage form/ mode, the mobile phone offers its storage on sector stage; the file system is handled on the computer. Thus, the result you are considering is a software problem on the computer, not on the cell phone. I'm not considering this result. Are you using Windows 7 or Vista and possibly stumbling over its "virtual folder name" feature in Explorer? Try utilizing the drives in the "Command Prompt", if you're recognizable with that. You shouldn't observe the result there.

Using the option like "My Files", after that you will find out in the index of your sdcard, then the tab on the Menu key and choose option which is Create folder, named it Media. Tab Media folder, then Menu key and choose make folder again, name it Audio. Tab Audio folder, then Menu key and choose make folder again, name it Alarms Than one more Notifications and one more Ringtones.

was analysis throughout this and it seems that in my address list preinstalled is the following :- -->sdcard->media->audio->notifications - .if i go into every one i finally end up with one file which is [ facebook_ringtone_pop.m4a ]. so i'm using to add a file into the notifications folder next to the facebook tone but when i choose 'move' or attempt and paste, it ends up as a seperate file before within notifications. I finally did as described from the starting of this thread :--> and chosen 'Create Folder' which worked for text messages but as up till now not for Calender.I had opposed this as my logic was saying " i require to add to folder not make a fresh one" . please, I have simply had my samsung galaxy for a week but previously found its so much user friendly compared to my Windows Mobile 6.1 Omnia !