Thread: How to dual boot Samsung Galaxy Note

How to dual boot Samsung Galaxy Note

I want some help to dual boot Samsung Galaxy Note. It is possible to use Ubuntu on it. I am not able to find the right OS but there are some articles on web that says it is possible. I had also seen on youtube people using two OS but there is no process. The one which I found is very complicated. I want a simple way. Also the stylus must work on the device. I have list of some Debian based OS. But the installation is failing.

Re: How to dual boot Samsung Galaxy Note

You can do that but remember this will void the phone warranty. Ubuntu or any other Debian based operating system is not designed to work with Note. You have to find the right compatible operating system or else your device will stop booting. Before doing anything it is also important to backup all required data. Because anyhow if your system fails to start you can usually restored thing back in it. Just find the backup procedure first.

You can find the files on XDA. They had done this. The process is complicated. But it will work. It is better if you stick with the existing rom or try some custom one. Because I do not really think Ubuntu is going to work better on it. What matters is proper kernel that support the operating system. I had seen the guide on XDA. They do not recommend to flash the kernel. There are some other mobile models in the market which are more better and supports rooting more properly then others.