Thread: Unable to open/save PDF and excel documents in internet explorer 9

Unable to open/save PDF and excel documents in internet explorer 9

Hi, I am having problem with newly installed IE 9 in my machine as whenever I open any PDF or excel file I just got problem opening them and if suppose I try to save them then also browser causes problem with the machine. Any idea what could be the actual problem? Any suggestion would be esteemed.

Re: Unable to open/save PDF and excel documents in internet explorer 9

If you are having problem with internet explorer then why you are using it, simply dude make use of another browser by means of which you are satisfied.

We cannot see what you are doing and that causes lots of questions in my mind thus it would be better if you being more specific.

• Which computer you uses and after that which operating system you have installed?

• Which is your default PDF program? And give the version.

• Do you use Excel also mention which version?

• How you are trying to open a document. Are you talking about documents on your hard drive? What does it have to do with Internet Explorer?

• Please mentioned what come about while you attempt to open a document it would be better if you attach pictures as well.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to make use of software called “foxit reader” for reading PDF documents, because when you install this software it will also ask you for browser integration and at that time if you have selected that option you’ll be able to open those documents with the browser as well. And if you refused at that time so it will make you enable to download those files to your machine first and then let you download it and off course you can open it.

I have done almost each and everything you have mentioned but still no luck, and it would be ok if there would be sort of sacrificing for excel documents but as far PDF’s are concern they are quite significant for me and I must have to open them however. Anyways thanks for the suggestion you have mentioned above.

Have you tried reinstalling whichever PDF reader you are using? Because see it might be possible that there could be some problem with that program only in your machine rather than browser.

And for doing that follow the path Control Panel > Programs and Features > select Adobe Reader and Uninstall and after that reinstall it again in your machine and then see whether the same thing is happening or what, if so then surely there Is some problem with the browser for sure.

(Assuming as you are using adobe reader)

In addition, when it comes to browser I’d have same recommendation for browsers as well, such as you should try to reinstall the browser as well.

Make sure that the add-in is gone or disabled in IE9. I would like to recommend you that you should know How to manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 9, you can have this information from here.

If you are having such a awful problem with the browser then why you are making use of that version rather you should use the one by means of which you are comfortable. I mean to say if the previous version is giving you an option for opening all this files than there isn’t any sense of using another version until and unless just sake of its testing.

Because as the extent to I know the previous version of the same browser is quite good rather I would say it was much better at every concern, thus here the bottom line is like if you are comfortable with previous version then you should make use of that version only.