Thread: How to use the Nokia X6 GPS without internet

How to use the Nokia X6 GPS without internet

Does anyone know how to employ gps devoid of internet connection? I have installed the Romanian map as well as voice and as well have the most up-to-date software upgrade except while I search a city from Romania (penetrating offline) it doesn’t subsist, and on my friend 5800 through v40 gps its functioning ideal.

Re: How to use the Nokia X6 GPS without internet

I guess you can pull GPS integrated as the rest without connecting to the Internet. In terms of connectivity do not think it by phone but by the application itself GPS the first time takes a while to locate satellites.

If you do not want to use AGPS , put the phone in an open area, try not to clutter your view of the sky with your own body or the environment and stand still until the link. Once the link has been made (which, depending on where you are and weather you have, can last minutes or so) you can relax a bit as far as the vision of heaven that offer mobile and logically refers to the movement, but until then, and do not follow these simple tips, I see you make it very difficult.

It has internal GPS you can use whatever Internet connection, if you enter the phone settings --- positioning methods leaves only the option of using internal GPS. From there only make use of this device, but keep in mind that it is somewhat slower than the A-GPS connected and receiving data from satellites, and, of course, need a little map application and positioning to take advantage and serve you something.

If, as you say, I found the settings of GPS positioning method, besides the A-GPS there are more options (cannot remember exactly what, but I deactivated all but the internal GPS. From there I tried to use GPS mode "walking." It is true it takes to find satellite (about 5 minutes) and representation on the map is somewhat slow, but if the use is free does not matter.

Now Nokia OVI-MAPS offers it’s free. You can download it from the Web and pass the phone with the PC-Suite, or directly connect the phone to Internet (e.g. wireless network in your home so you do not cost money) and download it from the terminal itself.