Thread: Not able to receive Email messages from hotmail using HTC Explorer

Not able to receive Email messages from hotmail using HTC Explorer

I have started using the HTC Explorer form some days and by now I have sync all the other email account that I have but then I am not able to Hotmail and I am having some kind of problem with it I mean that I have sync it but then I am able to send an email but I am not able to receive any email through it I have also checked all the settings for it and they are also looking fine as well I don’t know that what is the problem and the worst is that I am not getting an error as well which is making it worse to guess what is the actual problem. Since I have set it up I have just got a message with no from and subject and even the date is not specified. I have also tried to delete the account and then add it again but then the problem remains the same.

Re: Not able to receive Email messages from hotmail using HTC Explorer

Your problem seems to be weird because you are saying that you are able to send an email but you are not able to receive an email and if you are receiving the email I mean as a blank and without any subject and from then I think that there will be no problem with the POP settings but I think that there is something wrong in the step settings I mean that are you authenticated to the other outgoing server? And do you have an idea about the port number that you are using for the outgoing? And also have you checked the ssl? Just answer me these so I could understand your problem properly and can help you with the same as well.

Your problem seems to be weird because you are saying that you are able to send an email but you are not able to receive an email and if you are receiving the email I mean as a blank and without any subject and from then I think that there will be no problem with the POP settings but I think that there is something wrong in the step settings I mean that are you authenticated to the other outgoing server? And do you have an idea about the port number that you are using for the outgoing? And also have you checked the ssl? Just answer me these so I could understand your problem properly and can help you with the same as well.
    I think that you have not read my post the problem is that I am not able to receive the emails at all I mean that I have send a lot of messages to myself using my friend email account but then I have not yet received them and I have also checked my inbox a no of times but there is only one message and that is the one without any subject and name as well. Just take a look at my settings:
    Protocol POP
    • POP3 Server: pop3.live.com
    • Security Type: SSL
    • Port: 995
    • SMTP server: smtp.live.com
    • Security Type: TLS
    • Server Port: 587

Just try out the below settings and then see if it works for you or not:
    Protocol POP
    • Security Type: -
    • Port: 995
    • Server Port: 587

I think that I have a solution for you problem just set the below settings and it should solve your problem:
    Protocol POP
    • Security Type: -
    • Port: --
    • Server Port: --

I don’t know about the above solution that they will work or not but then I just wanted to ask you that have you tried it doing with the wifi on I mean that if you were trying the setting that you have specified than I will suggest you to try out the same settings by keeping your wifi on and then just see that if it is helping you out. I have came across a lot of people in forums where they were having problem with the hotmail similar to that of you when they were trying to use it through the HTC explorer but then some have claimed that the problem is solved out when they have used it by keeping their wifi on I am not that sure about it because I have not tried the same myself but then you can just try it out and check if it is really helping out. If it helps then well and good but if it does not then just let me know so I can try to help you out with some different solution.

I don’t think that the setting that you have specified above is really working it out in fact it is not acceptable at all and it is saying that it cant connect with the settings that I have entered. I think that the setting that I have tried before was working to some extent but then it was just not perfect. I think that there might be some changes which I have to do rather than just removing the port and the ssl and I have also tried the settings with the wifi on and off as well but they are not making any difference and the problem is still the same. Any further help will be appreciated.

Even I was facing the same kind of problem previously but then when I contacted the service provider than they said to me to send a email to the hotmail customer service with the problem that I am facing and then I came to know that the Hotmail has actually changed their settings to an exchanged-based protocol and then they suggested me to remove the hot mail account from there and then add it by going in to the into the Settings-Accounts and then in to sync and then add my hotmail account there just after I did the same and then when I tested it by sending a mail to myself than I was able to receive it without any further problem. Just try the same and see if it is helping you as well. I think that it should help you as I had the same situation and this solution was helpful.

I will suggest you to try this out:
    • PO3-server: pop3.live.com
    • Security type: SSL (always)
    • Authentication: PLAIN
    • Port:995
    • smtp-server: smtp.live.com
    • security: TLS (always)
    • Port:587
    • (Tick) Demand Login
    • Authentication type: AUTOMATIC

I will suggest you to try this out:
    PO3-server: pop3.live.com
    Security type: SSL (always)
    Authentication: PLAIN
    Port:995
    smtp-server: smtp.live.com
    security: TLS (always)
    Port:587
    (Tick) Demand Login
    Authentication type: AUTOMATIC
    Hey thanks for your reply I was able to solve my problem by trying your setting I was really trying to solve it out curiously I mean that I have by now tried more than 20 settings for the same and I will really say that after trying out your setting I was able to solve it. I have also tested it by sending a mail to myself from my brother’s account and I am receiving it well now. Really thanks to your reply.

I am having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same actually I am having problem setting up my windows live email account. I have other windows live account as well and hot mail account as well but then the other entire are working but the account which I used to use for my work is not working for me and it appeared after I changed the password. When I am trying to sync the account and even though I am entering the right password I am getting " Authentication failed” error. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.