Thread: Background audio and streaming not proper after mango update

Background audio and streaming not proper after mango update

Hello guys I use BackgroundAudioPlayer.Instance to play audio and also use the SmoothStreamingMediaElement to play video, now when I play the video then the app BackgroundAudioPlayer.Instance gives an error saying that audio resource is not available and all. Frankly speaking I am not able to understand why is it giving me such kind of problems that’s what I am not able to understand at all.

So does anyone knows how to solve the issue, I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same. I am sure you will be able to give me a good reply for the said problem, so do reply accordingly guys.

Re: Background audio and streaming not proper after mango update

Quote Originally Posted by Farhat$ View Post
    Hello guys I use BackgroundAudioPlayer.Instance to play audio and also use the SmoothStreamingMediaElement to play video, now when I play the video then the app BackgroundAudioPlayer.Instance gives an error saying that audio resource is not available and all. Frankly speaking I am not able to understand why is it giving me such kind of problems that’s what I am not able to understand at all.

So does anyone knows how to solve the issue, I am waiting for the replies from you all on the same. I am sure you will be able to give me a good reply for the said problem, so do reply accordingly guys.
    Make sure that you close the background audio before getting started with the SmoothStreamingMediaElement, so that’s what you should be doing over here I hope you did understand what I am saying here. Do give a try for the same and let me know if that was useful for you or not.

Hey guys I have come here with a similar problem like yours so what I am saying is that I am using a a MediaElement to play mp4 video and BackgroundAudioPlayer to play audio. Now as you have said above in many of the instances I have tried calling the background instance before the mediaelement then also it did not help at all. I need your advise on the same currently I am using the 7.1 SDK Beta. So do reply on the same I am waiting for the replies from you all, your support will be highly appreciated over here that’s what I want to say here.

So in that you will have to ensure that you have to call the element that has the MediaElement before navigating to the another page, s make sure you do have a look at the same at the time of navigating to the different pages that’s what you should be doing over here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here so make the necessary changes that I have given here and work on the same. yes there has been some kind of confusion on the process but I don’t think so you need to worry much about the same and instead focus on what you are doing currently.

Yes it has been a known issue In the released SDK. So that is quite normal I would say that wait till the Microsoft people come up with the desired solution to rescue in the situation from which you are. So that’s what I am saying here. Hope that was clear for you.

Make sure you are using the latest firmware for your phone and I think that will work out for you that’s what you should be doing over here, the latest version that is available for you is the latest version 7.10.7720.68 go and get the latest firmware downloaded in your phone. That’s what you should be doing over here that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhat$ View Post

Why are you firing both the elements on the one go I would say that fire the audio element first and then the streaming element that’s what you should be doing dude.

I don’t in spite of the said solution above you have given back the same old solution, so what I will say is that go and have a check about the said solution that I given above and try and work on it, well there is noting else that you can do over here that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    So in that you will have to ensure that you have to call the element that has the MediaElement before navigating to the another page, s make sure you do have a look at the same at the time of navigating to the different pages that’s what you should be doing over here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here so make the necessary changes that I have given here and work on the same. yes there has been some kind of confusion on the process but I don’t think so you need to worry much about the same and instead focus on what you are doing currently.
    You will not believe it I am so happy that it has finally worked in my Samsung omnia phone and I am feeling so happy about it, so thanks a ton for the same, appreciate the work that you have given over here thanks a ton for the same.

I am happy that calling the audio element before navigating to the page that has the MediaElement has worked for me in a good manner.