Thread: Can I use my HTC Explorer as an internet hotspot

Can I use my HTC Explorer as an internet hotspot

Hi Folks

I got the quick question for here I have to work in the shifts and sadly there is no Wi-Fi connection on the place where I am working now I have recently bought this smart phone HTC Explorer and I like to know whether I can use my phone as a router" for the laptop at the place where I work now I didn’t bought this phone for this purpose but I am hoping that is it possible that this phone can be use for this purpose I really like to go on the internet during night shifts the computer I am using is running with Microsoft Windows vista and windows 7 can anyone here guide me trough the step by step process of doing this task I will be really glad

Thanks

Re: Can I use my HTC Explorer as an internet hotspot

Got my phone for the same purpose HTC Explorer but dint bother to learn how to do it from the place from where ii have bought it by the was yes you can use your my HTC Explorer as for a internet "hotspot"

You surely can make use of the HTC Explorer for wireless routing that's one of the major reasons I get it!

Just go to the your notification menu, then select 'quick settings' tab & you can turn on and off wireless hotspot from there hopes that works for you

Thanks for the info I just now connected to the laptop but I am having trouble with the connection the moment I try to connect to the HTC my connection just drops I have no idea why this is happening can you assist me on this I would be really glad thanks again

I just don’t you the feature of internet Hotspot I never liked it its always fall for me but instead I use the use wireless tether however you need to root you phone to use that or you can connect Via USB tether instead of hotspot I guess that also does the same this