Thread: Mango provide Rollback & Warranty On A Crashy HTC Mozart

Mango provide Rollback & Warranty On A Crashy HTC Mozart

I have a HTC 7 Mozart that I updated to the manufacturer make of Mango using Zune. A short while after I observe that my handset would every so often reset itself when using spot services, HSDPA /3G or when playing games. This went on for a while and became extra repeated so I resolute to roll back to NoDo but the difficulty am still there and my phone crashes just as commonly. I realize that installing Mango voids my guarantee but a answer from Cliff Simpkins on this forum to a preceding post implies that the guarantee is only void whilst Mango is installed on the headset..."Yes, returning your cell phone reverse to it's 'original' MO/ OEM image returns you to a warranties condition. The basic thought here is that, while you are participating in this application, you are not on an image that is maintained /owned by your OEM / MO- so they are not capable to assist you if something goes poorly. Once you restore your cell phone reverse into it's condition previous to you installed the pre-release, the cell phone is once again back in a place where they can assist you." Link
    This still leaves me with a couple of questions...
    - Does this mean that HTC will admit my handset reverse for repair under the warranty given that its original image has been restored or does it merely mean that they are powerless to provide maintain (as in assist over the cell phone or by electronic mail) when the device is Mango'd?
    - Has anybody else had parallel issues with their HTC Mozart? Thanks

Re: Mango provide Rollback & Warranty On A Crashy HTC Mozart

As far as I understand it, your cell phone is enclosed under guarantee normally when restoring the innovative condition with NoDo. 2. I wouldn't even though they should restore your cell phone, you never recognize what they will do when they "discover". Often, customer care doesn't identify accurately how to respond and just tells you that your contract is voided. And lastly: 3. YES! And it's quite irritating. Lots of not working, particularly when using Bluetooth /3G/HSDPA at the similar time. I believe it crashes often when its under force... there are additional threads about this difficulty here (one from me) but no answer seemed to utilizing for me (disabling location, uninstalling applications, etc..). I don't desire to make my handset unusable but secure by disabling my data association. That’s why I got a Smartphone in the initial place.

That would be excellent. even though I presume it has to do with the Mango improve. A consumer in one more thread pointed out, it may be due to dissimilar firmware editions of the US and European devices. I’m going to wait until the authorized Mango Upgrade, and eager it will repair the problem eternally. If not, I'll send my machine back to HTC.

Sent my phone off to HTC and got it back presently over 72 hrs afterward (which is remarkable the entire by itself) with a note fond of saying that the major PCB had been restored. This corroborates 3 things...
    1. it’s a recognized error (which is why it was preset so rapidly)
    2. It's a hardware mistake not a software error (hence the substitute of the PCB)
    3. Reduction to NoDo from the Mango appetizer does in fact re-establish your contract cover or the HTC service center is not capable to notice that the earpiece was flashed. If your handset is crashy, send it off to HTC for the reason that Mango won't repair it.