Thread: Random Shutdowns /Reboots After doing Mango update

Random Shutdowns /Reboots After doing Mango update

HTC 7 Po2 which contains Zune 4.8 Germany Operating System 7.0 is installed. No Update problems. Problem: The phone only shutdown or reboots without any cause. Occasionally reboot after lock display, and frequently shutdown throughout cell phone calls. It’s Reboots too in additional situations. Are there any logs obtainable on the cell phone?

re: Random Shutdowns /Reboots After doing Mango update

I can verify that I have arbitrary reboots later than installing the Mango update. But I presume it's presently standard when using beta software. From the latest features and API I think that Mango is without doubt a step in the correct way - so keep up the excellent work, Microsoft engineers!

I am considering this with my HTC Arrive as well. I submitted a ticket to Microsoft about it these days via Connect to Microsoft. I haven't heard support up till now. Have any of you attempted Settings-->About-->Reset your cell phone to observe if that stops the trouble from happening am seeing it about four or five times a day. Possibly we all have somewhat in common. I have the following Applications installed: Compass (not definite who the manufacturer is), HTC converter, Adobe Reader, Fandango, HTC hub, Netflix, HTC Photo enhancer, HTC Sound enhancer, Sprint Zone, HTC stocks, Timer (not convinced who the manufacturer is), Weather radar (not definite who the manufacturer is).

Did you attempt deleting the following applications: YouTube, Compass, , Sound Enhancer Converter, Fandango, Netflix, HTC Hub, Photo Enhancer, Sky map, Sprint Zone, Stocks, Telenav, Timer, Weather, Radar, and Adobe? I establish that you could eliminate them and the crashes congested. I also establish that you could reinstall them and the crashes do not approach back. I did that modify two months before when Mango Beta came away. I am now functioning produce Mango code. I have sustained to be even. My cell phone has not crashed in the past two months. It was crashing several times a day before I did eliminate listed above. I am not certain why removing the software permanent the issue, but it has absolutely solved the crisis. My indication was random crashes even when I wasn't using the apps planned above. So, it probably had something to do with the Marketplace checking for updates on the applications listed on top of.

I had this similar difficulty on my HTC Arrive because updating to Mango Beta 2. I established a 2nd update to Mango a several days before via Zune. The update did not resolve the problem. I supposed the difficulty to be one of the third party applications that was operation on the cell phone. I had around eight that came with the cell phone and 8 that I had added to the cell phone. I detached the entire of them by holding my finger on the application and alternative Uninstall. Here is the occupied list I detached: YouTube, Netflix, Adobe, Compass, Converter, Fandango, HTC Hub, Photo Enhancer, Sky map, Sound Enhancer, Sprint Zone, Stocks, Telenav, Timer, Weather, and Radar. I am not confident which appliction was the root cause. But removing them all has totally solved the problem. I went from six reboots a day to 0. It has been solid for three days now. If you have any of these applications; it would be great if you could attempt deleting one of them at a time so that we could locate the faulty one. There is an additional forum on this topic. I am posting my response to the forum as well.

Well, that type of weird, unless you detached it, if you have an HTC HD7 you typically has preinstalled the HTC hub. I got rid of my chance reboot more than a month ago just by uncheking the download data mechanically from HTC hub. In view of the fact that it is somewhat it happens in a scheduled manner and unconnected with your present process of the cell phone I believe it is probable it caused by several application doing amazing mechanically. Application downloading data in scheduled method are suspects. I have a lot of of the above mentioned applications installed and don’t have reboots any longer. Give it a attempt and let us recognize.

In Canada I have been having a related problem on the Samsung F on the network which is Rogers. I am as well operating the manufacture Mango code.
    As for each your submission or idea, I have now uninstalled the next applications:
    • app YouTube
    • appAdobe
    • appBirdsong (Twitter application - problems occurred while using it regularly)
    There were app Netflix was previously removed. Examine my system; I observed that nothing is functioning in the background (no background applications). The simply stuff that should be communicating will be three email accounts and the default applications in Twitter. I discover that the greater parts of my reboots are when using Birdsong or IE. I will report back with any problems I have exposed (only 2 of the applications I deleted match the earlier list).