Thread: In windows phone 7: Memory Leak

In windows phone 7: Memory Leak

I have understood several threads here in the forums about presentation problems and memory leaks. I have tried applying the entire the tips I have found, but I can’t discover a proper answer to the memory leak trouble I’m experiencing.

Re: In windows phone 7: Memory Leak

This is a simplified explanation of one of the circumstances of my request. My application has to show 100 images complete screen in a prearranged order. I put into operation the workflow with just one page (ShowImage.xaml) from which I find the way to itself with dissimilar parameters (query string) applying an animation earlier than navigating and later than navigation. Based on the supplied parameter I load the matching image (the entire JPGs, 50KB every – 480x800pixel). The image is executed with code like this (imgPage is stated in the XAML code) located in the find the way to event handler.

In your estimation, should this approach work and I may be doing somewhat mistaken in my accomplishment or is there somewhat fundamentally mistaken with this one-page-based explanation? In several cases I have to permit the user to browse up to thirty images in one series (previous to recurring to the home), so I require to locate a way to load an image, show it, do the animation, and then executed it from memory.

Are you confident the images that you load in recollection are getting not tied up after you modify image. It may be the container that there is several mentions to image objects that is preventing it from release. G.C. Gather will actually help if the objects are prepared for collection. May be you have authenticated that. One of the method to observe is implementing I Disposable (for the class objects that loads image) and put a break point in the object. Dispose () function call, distinguish when accurately you hit that dividing line. (My supposition is you may hit when the application is finishing.) One of the errors that I build is about using in the objects (as properties or fields) in the range of main page class somewhat than within a function scope.

I believe that's closely my question. How can I verify that I’m emancipation the image that's left behind? I’m preparing a beginner's edition of my scheme to post here that replicated the difficulty. Previous to hand, the set that loads the image is a fundamental cell phone Application Page. The Image is confirmed in the XAML and in the On Navigated To technique (take priority over) I modify the Image. The Property in Source with a fresh URL as shown previous to. In that context, how do you observe I should use the arrange call for the page (to verify when it's damaged)?