Thread: Unable to unlock keypad of MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

Unable to unlock keypad of MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

Hi, I have recently purchased this MOTOROLA ATRIX 2 mobile and the only thing I am feeling is like only regression noting else. As the title implies I have started getting problem with the phone as whenever I lock the keypad of the phone everything went fine but when I try to unlock it, it pops up with some accidental browser or picture i have taken or pulls up the end screen of a past phone call. And really this is driving me crazy rather I would say I am just stumped. Thus please let me know what could be the possible solution for this?

Re: Unable to unlock keypad of MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

After seeing your problem it seems that there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the mobile because when I was having such problem after such huge approach I came to know that there were some problem with the firmware of the mobile, thus over here you can have option to get the firmware reset and have all the data according to the factory given.

You can first try with sot resetting and see if you are pursuing the same problem that means you must try hard resetting as well, because I have seen that soft resetting not exactly help but still you should try it for sure as it is been always recommended to do soft resetting before hard resetting. And be aware as when you do a hard reset to the device all the settings and the data of the phone will be wiped out and thus you’ll not get anything after resetting the firmware thus you can make a backup as well which is also recommended by the experts.

Though you can try with the resetting process but I used to make reinstallation of the firmware whenever I got any problem with the phone and it always gives me the desired result.

Are you making use of any application in your phone for locking it? Because see I have seen this problem with many locking application available at market, thus If you have installed any such application in your phone then I would say you should remove it as soon as possible and then see what happens.

Now you must be thinking as how is it possible to delete that application as the phone is not even being unlocked, but here you can unlock it through one way, first of all you need to pulled the battery out of the mobile and keep it aside for a while and then again put it back to the phone as the phone gets started the very first thing that you have to do id to remove such application if you have installed any.

When I was having the same problem I contacted the customer support center and they told me to reinstall the firmware and make me assure as if this would not help me then I’ll get replacement for the same, thus you should also try to contact, because you may get another mobile too as an replacement to this.