Thread: windows phone referring Amazon web service

windows phone referring Amazon web service

I’m developing a model application in which I’m referring to Amazon web service to look for results from Amazon site. Im receiving the fault.This sort of 'System.ServiceModel.XmlSerializerFormatAttribute' exists in both 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ReferenceAssemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\Profile\WindowsPhone\System.ServiceMo del.dll' in addition to
    .Xml.Serialization.dll'
    After getting this I do not understand the concept and can’t proceed further.

Re: windows phone referring Amazon web service

I should first of all Thanks for your inputs presentation.
    The files are not automatically generated other than provided by Amazon. I tried out a new method which requires signing the demand for URL. This is done by transferring the request by means of SignURL in a class SignedRequestHelper is provided by Amazon. I faced the same type of issues with this approach. Then I altered the code which was not well-suited with the WP7 task in the SignedRequestHelper class provided by Amazon. At this instance it’s operating very well I at last found a method to create it work.expect no further issue comes.

It seems that the element exists in two dissimilar namespaces. You require meeting the criteria of the two references you desire to employ. Moreover make use of a "using" declaration or explicitly state your case to the right namespace.

Unluckily I am on site at a user and I do not contain access to my Phone 7 stuff. Right off the bat, though, I see a key matter. But if I am not incorrect, you are treating this application like a normal application. Single thing to be conscious of when mounting Phone 7 is that applications are either Silver light or XNA applications. It seems you are making an attempt to build up a console application. I am in no doubt this will not work in Phone 7.The next thing to take reminder of this is that not all essentials of the complete framework are accessible on the phone. You require creating a code you are using from the Amazon samples. Do not reference components that do not exist on the phone. I would recommend starting from a latest silver light application template and start adding in the code to access the Amazon service bit by making definite i compilation along the method. After you get to a bit of code that no longer compiles you should determine the statistics. Hope you got to my point

Following you and after understanding, I also noticed some of the errors I’m receiving
    1. 'object' does not hold a definition for 'BeginInvoke'
    2. The name of the namespace 'IHttpCookieContainerManager' does not include in the namespace 'System.ServiceModel.Channels'
    3. some sort of 'System.ServiceModel.XmlSerializerFormatAttribute' exists in both 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\Profile \WindowsPhone\System.Xml.Serialization.dll' and
    'C:\Program Files (x86)\ReferenceAssemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Silverlight\v4.0\Profile\WindowsPhone \System.Servicemodel.dll'
    4. The name of the namespace 'XmlDictionaryWriter' not found.

Try to import the Amazon Web service Reference within a most recent Silver light (3) project? Tell me the results. You have indication errors concerning some stuff from Silver light 4. That looks odd - because WP7 only covers Silver light 3 if I am correct. As recommended priory - I would begin from scratch with a most recent Silver light 3 app - not a WP7 app. There are a number of issues in the WP7 web service stack right at the present and you should be supposed to test your code with no added difficulties .Last time I tried to right to use the Amazon stuff I was hitting so a lot of walls it was not amusing .- but I was with Java for that. However all the signing and encryption they are doing right now.

I have tried adding up the Amazon service on a Silver light 3 project, it is in addition throwing compile errors."IEndpointBehavior does not exist in the accurate framework. Are you omitting some assembly reference". parallel errors are thrown for IClientMessageInspecto. When I try to attach reference to the silver light 3 project of System.ServiceModel from silver light 4, it is not accommodating the reference add.

I didn't have a possibility to appear at this previous. Fine, you cannot attach the Silver light 4 assemblies to a Silver light 3 project. Do you have the version for Silver light 3? As for your earlier post, there is certainly a compatibility problem involving the code you have for the Amazon services and what will run on Windows Phone 7.If you are coming across through this forum you will find a lot of postings regarding the issues with calling safe web services. I want to ask in what way you produced your files. Are they provided by Amazon or are the files that were auto created by Visual Studio when you added the Service reference to your project? You can try to make an attempt adding the Service Reference from inside your Phone 7 app; this practice will be supported by the platform. I will see if I be able to take a glance at this. Just inform about your report.

I’m making use of Amazon Async Item search to obtain search outcomes from Amazon web service. This facility woks okay in a normal asp.net application but when added to a Windows phone 7 project throws compile errors. I’m making use of 3 files provided in a sample application for item search from Amazon.I am planning to write down an app for my T-Mobile Dash Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard using SOAP and Visual Studio 2005. The app will illustrate me the prices of my book list on Amazon. I can’t find out any information regarding how to get in progress.