Thread: How-to change the user agent settings in Sony Tablet S

How-to change the user agent settings in Sony Tablet S

I want to change the user agent setting onto my default browser of Sony Tablet S but it never happen in right way. Can anybody provide me more information about this issue? Any help to do this task will be appreciating.

Re: How-to change the user agent settings in Sony Tablet S

If you running Honeycomb Android tablet, sometimes it happen that specific browser app notice that some of the sites are still rendered in the mobile mode. This type of browser doesn’t able to surf such heavy site due to it designed for desktop pc. In that situation we need to set the user agent setting. Then it will be able to show such sites.

The process to do this task you need to follow below mentioned instructions:
    First step is go to default browser application and select menu icon at the top right corner.
    • Then open Settings-> Advanced->User Agents.
    • Choose “Desktop” in the pop-up window.
    • Finally press Done button.

After finishing process, check the same site will give similar problem or not. I hope that this process will be enabling the user agent setting and then it fix your complicated problem.

Open the Android web browser. In the address bar enter 'about:debug'. Then remove all the string from the address bar of this browser. Next step is to be go to Menu > More > Settings and locate the UAString option. After enabling this option, your browser able to identify itself as Android, Desktop or tablet pc. Then only you can able to access any web sites onto your tab. This is essential if you use your tab for internet surfing purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    Open the Android web browser. In the address bar enter 'about:debug'. Then remove all the string from the address bar of this browser. Next step is to be go to Menu > More > Settings and locate the UAString option. After enabling this option, your browser able to identify itself as Android, Desktop or tablet pc. Then only you can able to access any web sites onto your tab. This is essential if you use your tab for internet surfing purpose.
    I faced the similar problem and that time, I used this above process. it works for me and in response it provide me opportunity to access heavy web sites onto my default browser of this tab. This is most easy and after finishing this process I need to reboot this tablet pc. Then only it works in my tab. I think you also need to do similar process. This is essential for your tablet.

Actually, in my stock browser, if I go to settings and then Advanced, I've got a "View Mode" option which is by default "Tablet. I don’t know what I do to fix this issue. Can anybody help me to fix this issue? I haven’t much idea about it. I am really worried about it. Any help must appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by jOjIi View Post
    Actually, in my stock browser, if I go to settings and then Advanced, I've got a "View Mode" option which is by default "Tablet. I don’t know what I do to fix this issue. Can anybody help me to fix this issue? I haven’t much idea about it. I am really worried about it. Any help must appreciate.
    In this case you need to change that to View Mode option to Desktop option. You can easily do this task. After finishing this task you need to press the Back button until you reach back the main screen. Applications can use the user Agent property of the navigator object to determine the user-agent string. Then continue your web surfing. This will be then work to fix your internet surfing problem. Hence try this simple process and get correct result onto your tablet pc.

If you are work on newest edition of Windows, you can copy your user-agent string to the Clipboard. You can do this simple task onto your tablet pc by just selecting Ctrl+C before closing this dialog box. It works. It is best for your tablet. Then only you can able to access all the content onto this default browser.