Thread: It possible to install android 3.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note

It possible to install android 3.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note

Hi, I am confirmed as will be getting this device after some days but before that I was thinking as whether the device will be able to load the newer android 3.2 OS or not. Because as the extent to I know the device will come with android gingerbread preloaded isn’t it. In addition, I am quite eager to make use of ice cream sandwich update from the android. And I think the phone would be worth buying only if it is been updateable to the mentioned OS otherwise there are number of OS that we can choose. Please help me understanding this. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: It possible to install android 3.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note

I think you are not aware about the software version yet, because the one that you have mentioned in the title is the honeycomb and the one that you are expecting to be installed in the phone is 4.0. and according to me the device you have mentioned will be surely able to install the ICS update but still I would rather suggest you to make the thing confirm first before buying the phone or else It would be worthless for you. I am not sure about it but still can assume as the device will surely support it only after seeing the specification.

yeah I think you will be surely able to install android 3.2 in your mobile and see you’ll get the following application preloaded with the OS but off course you can install any together with this according to your convenience.

• API Demos
    • Browser
    • Calculator
    • Camera
    • Clock
    • Contacts
    • Custom Locale
    • Dev Tools
    • Downloads
    • Email
    • Gallery
    • Gestures Builder
    • Messaging
    • Music
    • Search
    • Settings
    • Spare Parts
    • Speech Recorder
    • Widget Preview

Yeah you were right as I was really unaware about the android version but still can you please let me know what is comprised in this ICS update? I mean to say whether it is worth to install it with the phone I am about to buy, in fact I am not really aware whether the update will be available for device as well or not.

off course it is worth to install this newer operating system in fact it was the most awaited operating system from the google’s android. Anyways I don’t know whether the device you have mentioned would be able to get this update or not, but still you are right as the phone will come preloaded with the Android OS, v2.3 that’s Gingerbread. But still I think the phone will surely get the ICS update because the very first reason is like the hardware that it comprises is so good according to me and technically speaking it would be able to load this update for sure. and another thing is like the honeycomb version was actually developed for the tablet series and not for the phones, thus after gingerbread, ICS update is the combination of both honeycomb and gingerbread version. By the way I have listed some of the good feature of the ICS update so that you can figure out whether it is worth updating or not.

Feature:

• Resizable widgets

• New lock screen actions

• Quick responses for incoming calls

• Swipe to dismiss notifications, tasks, and browser tabs

• Improved text input and spell-checking

• Powerful voice input engine

• Control over network data

• Designed for accessibility