Thread: Windows Live messenger not working properly for Windows Phone mango

Windows Live messenger not working properly for Windows Phone mango

I am using a Windows Phone mango and the only problem I am facing with it is that I am not able to get live messenger to pop up in sms I mean I have tried doing so but I think that I am getting messed with some kind of settings I have got a success in doing the same with facebook and if it is possible with facebook then I think that it should be possible with Live messenger as well. Is there anyone who is aware of this by now? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Windows Live messenger not working properly for Windows Phone mango

I am actually not very much aware of the settings but then I think that I have seen it somewhere I mean that I have came across it sometimes and I think that in order to set it you have to first set your phone to the offline mode and then if you are aware of the settings very well then you can try it as you have already set the same for facebook then I think that you won’t be having much problem o just try to change the mode and then see if it is helping you out and I also wanted to know that are you aware of getting the IM’s via sms as they used to be for the previous built of the IM’s .Is there anyone who can guide me well through the settings. Any further help will be appreciated.

I have came across this problem in a no of forum and I think that there is some kind of problem with the messaging hub itself so I think that we will have to wait to actually get a perfect solution to get it work in order to sync well to the server side and till then it will be quite difficult to get a solution for it and if you are still trying it out then make sure that you are having messenger contact because if you don’t have them then you will surely not get anything from the messenger. I have come across a no of people who have been raising this kind of problem and lastly they found that they did not have any friends.

I don’t know I am not facing any such problem which you all are talking about because I am very well able to get it work and I am getting the pop up through the messages as well what I had done previously is that I had just installed the mango and I was having a extra Live ID what I did is I logged on with that id on my computer and then I had some short conversation with the some of my friends just to check if it was working well. I had experienced that the messages that I was sending from the computer were quick but they were pope up to the phone after some seconds I mean they were not fast and instant but I don’t mind for it but I am happy that it was working that way. If you want you all can try the same out and see if it is working for you all or not. Best of luck.

I am still having a problem with the live messenger I mean that I was somehow able to get it work after a no of tries but then the problem I have started experiencing now is that when I am logging in to the live messenger I am very well able to get the messages but then I don’t know why the messages are not getting associated with the respective contacts they have cane from and then when I tried clicking on the contacts then I was directed to the correct contacts and I was not getting any kind of information that who has sent me that message and I have also found that I am not able to see my friend online. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea how to solve it out? Any help will be appreciated.

I am facing same kind of problem not exactly the same but still I think that it is almost related to it and the problem I am facing is that when I check in to the “who is online” then I am not able to see my friend in there but as I have syncd my account on the phone I am able to see him online the problem is only when I check for “who is online” I don’t know that what kind of a problem is this I have already tried to reinstall it and I have also sycd my phone to the contacts a no of time but then I am facing the same problem again and again. Is there some settings to change. I have also tried to go in to the contact list of the message and there also he is shown as offline but I am still able to send him messages is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same.

Yes I am facing the same and I have found that this is really some kind of problem with the Mango's integrated Messenger because of which I am not able to get any contacts as the live messenger contacts. Just to explain my problem to you in detail I am having a friend x and who is having his contact detail on my phone with his email id as well and I am not able to see him online even though he is actually signed in to the live messenger and when I have tried to use the desktop version of messenger and then when I added him to the contacts then I was getting a separate windows live contact. I think that the phone is getting confused with the existing contact information on the phone and because of which we are not able to get a contact that could cope up with the SMS, Messenger, Facebook switching options.

Yes I think that there is really something wrong with the Mango's integrated Messenger. I will like to share that I am having my brother contact information on facebook as well as on the windows live messenger as well and I have also linked both the contact with my phone but I am really not able to see him online even though he is online on the windows live manager but the same thing is not with the facebook because I am able to see him online when he is online and offline when he is offline. I don’t know what is wrong with the windows live messenger I have tried a no of solutions by now but nothing seems to have been helping by now and I am still trying to get it fixed.

I really expect someone to come up with a solution for it I have been facing the same problem and by now I have tried all the possible solution that I could have tried but none of them seems to be working for me I really don’t understand that why this problem is just with the windows live manager and not with the facebook. I have been searching for a solution for it in official forum as well but I have not yet found a perfect solution for it by now and now I really doubt that I will be able to use the windows live manager in this phone.

if i am currect when you go on ur ME tile you should see set chat status this is for windows live messenger set it to available and you should be done. sms conformations u can find the setting for that in messagubg then threads look to the button ull see + and a messenger icon u can also set ur chat status there ull see three dots ... click that and ull see settings... sms conformation u click make sure its on... to group contacts u should go on there people tile and ull see a chan link kinda thing.... click that and if the person has the same email or name ull see it at the botton of it or u can also choose a contact because somtimes it gives u the wrong suggestions... and then u can link that person.. i have a windows phone mango too.. i hope this helps
    Last edited by weze305; 30-10-2011 at 07:01 PM.