Thread: Which one is better Active Digitizer or Dual Digitizer w/ Capactive Touch

Which one is better Active Digitizer or Dual Digitizer w/ Capactive Touch

I am looking for a advice regarding the Active Digitizer and the Dual Digitizer w/ Capactive Touch i wanted to know that which would be better or suited to applications photoshop , painter and the other program that are capable of supporting pressure levels. I am having a Fujitsu t731 or t901 as my option for this purpose but then i have also heard that there are capacitive digitizer which are lowering pen input as well as the pressure range. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out to choose the better one? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated

Re: Which one is better Active Digitizer or Dual Digitizer w/ Capactive Touch

As far as i know the Capactive digitizers does not give you a clarity and i have found that the make a dispersment effect which is hated by the people who are interested in clarity as well as color fidelity and the people who don’t look for are not interested in clarity and color fidelity does not mind for this. I have found that there are many other slates which are capable of providing capacitive touch and pen input and with clear screen as well as they have started using some kind of bonding technology. I think that most of the art programs are not having a proper multitouch by now and even if they have it they provide you the minimal. I will suggest you to go for dual-digitizer in the Asus ep121 slate because i personally find it as a better option.

I agree to you on the dispersment effect as I have experienced the same I am currently having a dual digitizer T5010 and the thing that I have noticed is that most of the applications that is capable of supporting separate touch and pen interfaces because of which I have noticed that when my pen is out the touch is off. My brother is having a HP2730p and trust me that it is more clear which makes me think that this depends on the manufacturer directly and if you are willing to get a Fujitsu brand then I will suggest you to get the Fujitsu T901 because I think that it will be better than the Fujitsu t731.Hope that helps.

I will like to inform you about the three factors that are probably involved in this role and one should take this in mind as well:
    Touch layer or no touch layer-The touch layer helps to avoid the interference and you can check the image in extreme angle to make out whether it is having it or not and also you will find some grid pattern of dots when they are exposed in sunlight and you can notice them clearly.
    Glossy or Matte-As far as I know the touch version is just available with matte where as the active only can have either of them. I have found that the matte makes the image fizzier when you take then from extreme angles.
    Hardened Glass (active only) or Hardened Plastic (multi-touch)-The plastic has been found to provide a slightly low quality and the plastic one is matte finished which I think that does not have the best quality and it cannot overcome the quality which you can get by the Hardened Glass.

Yes I am sure that the MT version is having the matte plastic but then I think that it is not that bad as such I think you can say that it is not one of the best for viewing quality just for example I will like to inform you that the EP121 uses MT on the hardened glossy glass and that is the reason that it is having a better clarity where as the Tm2 had MT on hardened glossy plastic and that is the reason that it is not having a clear quality as compared to what you get by the EP121.I think that a matte screen is really required but then it can be matte plastic as well as matte hardened glass.

I think that you have missed the fourth factor that is bonding technique. I will like to inform you all that the bonding technique is used to give you a better quality image even at the extreme angles but not as compared to the quality of the image at the straight line angle other than that I think that the active digitizer will be better and more appealing as well so I will suggest you get for the same. Best of luck.

I will like to share that I have used the active only on T4010 as well as dual on T730 and I am currently using the T730 and i think that the dual digitizer is really better than the active only on T4010 through my personal experience and I also think that the ability of input method in slate mode is just a better choice and I have also experienced that the scrolling the screen with finger is very much better than using a pen and I really get a flawless performance with it.