Thread: Dead pixels on the screen in Lenovo ThinkPad R61

Dead pixels on the screen in Lenovo ThinkPad R61

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad R61 laptop since few months now. My laptop is working absolutely fine except I am facing some issues regarding the screen. I have observed that pixels are dead on the screen. I would like to explain as it is a rectangle with 1 inch height and full screen width. Screen sometimes seems vibrating. I am actually able to see only the color of the start panel icon and nothing else. I don’t know what the problem is. I would like to know that is this an lcd problem? Has anybody faced this issue like me? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Dead pixels on the screen in Lenovo ThinkPad R61

Well I think that the problem that you are having is definitely of the LCD. I don't think that this is a software failure. You can check it by yourself. If you are able to take the printscreen of the picture, then it is fine. contact the repair person for this issue.

Well I have gone through your query completely and I have understood the problem described by you. I would say that I don’t think that this is some different issue, it is the most general issue faced by the laptop users these days. I would like you to mention the full model number of the R61. I would like to know which GPU it uses. Does it occur on the external screen when you connect it to the VGA port?

I would say that your screen has got damaged. I would say that it is the time to get the lcd replaced. I hope the laptop is in the warranty period. Take your laptop to the local technician and get the issue resolved. I would say that you can also visit the dealer directly from whom you had purchased it.

I would say that try to install the operating system once again. I think that the issue might get resolved after doing this. many a times formatting the hard disk and reinstalling the operating system has resolved the pixel issues. i am sure that there is no problem with the graphics card or motherboard

I think that the Lenovo service center is the only option left for you. I think that each of one would agree with me because I am sure that it is not a issue that will be solved by just updating the driver by changing the ram. This problem is of your screen. So I think that it would be best to contact the Lenovo support people I can say best of luck to you so that you get a change or a repair. Thank you

I would say that if you want to resolve the issue of yours then I think you should download a program like I have mentioned below,
    http://fixdeadpixels.uv.ro/fix-stuck-pixels.html
    Also I would say that you can try to gentle pressure on the area where the pixel is located on screen. I have faced this issue long time back and I got it resolved by this. I hope that this works for you.

There are many software’s available on the internet that will help you to remove dead pixels. I would suggest you to google around on the internet and try to learn more. Googling on the internet is the best option for you present. Also I would say that look around on the internet regarding forums; you will find many related topics being discussed.

I hope you have heard of UDpixel. If you haven’t then I would say that search information regarding it on the internet. I would suggest you to download and install UDpixel.
    • Download UDPixel
    • Click on "Download UDPixel"
    • Click on "Save File"
    • Double-click the icon "UDPixel22_installer.exe
    • Click on "Run"
    • Uncheck the box "Run at Windows startup UDPixel"
    • Click "Next>"
    • Click "Install"
    • Click "Close"
    Let me tell you that using UDpixel is easy. I am sure that this will help in resolving the issue of yours.

I am facing the same problem. I don’t want to take my laptop to the lenevo as I am not having budget to get it resolved. My laptop is unfortunately not in the warranty period. I have read somewhere that udpixel software can help and I have tried using the UDpixel application but it hasn’t helped me yet. I think now I only have the option of going to the Lenovo. Does anybody have any other alternative solution? Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you