Thread: No Webcam device on BIOS of Lenovo ThinkPad T404

No Webcam device on BIOS of Lenovo ThinkPad T404

Well I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T404 from past couple of days. It is having webcam option 6474-c17. I have noticed that there are no webcam device on BIOS and hence there are no image device in windows. Can you tell me why the above mentioned issue being happening into the situation of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

dkbose Guest

Re: No Webcam device on BIOS of Lenovo ThinkPad T404

Looking at the problem can you tell me which operating system do you running? Also tell me which version of BIOS do you have installed on the computer?

Hey friend thanks a lot for replying. I have installed Windows 7 x64 and BIOS 3.22 on the computer of mine.

If you are running with the BIOS 3.21 than I wanted to tell you that is BIOS will not have any integrated camera option in the I/O port. In case you are not able to get the camera in the device manager and hence I am suggesting that you should simply see whether you are able to get the same. if you are not able to get the same than I am suspecting that there is an issue with the Windows 7 which you have installed on the computer of yours.

I think I am aware of a specific solution which you can answer to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to enter into BIOS and look for Security.
    • Now you have to go for the I/O port access.
    • After that you should go for the Integrated Camera and finally select Enabled.

I have seen number of people who are having the same issue which you have stated over here.
    1. Well I am suspecting that there is an issue with the webcam or cable which connected to it.
    2. You should simply check the webcam hardware with any of the another one and if it is available then you should check the cable which is connected to the LCD and Camera.
    3. To doing the same you might require to open the LCD basel and Panel.

So try the same and let me know whether it was useful to you or not.

Well i am highly suspecting that there is a BIOS issue hence i recommend that you downgrade the BIOS which you are using.

There could be an issue with the drivers of webcam. What i wanted to tell you that reinstall the drivers. If reinstalling the drivers is not working than you should visit the official website and look for the lattes version of the Drivers. You should download and install the drivers on the computer of yours and reboot after installing the drivers.

If i am not wrong than there could be an issue with Device itself. You should contact the device manufacturer official service center and claim for the service warranty. The device should not have the physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty.