Thread: Improper working of Touchpad/ Trackpoint of Lenovo ThinkPad T4 with driver build 15.3.16.1

Improper working of Touchpad/ Trackpoint of Lenovo ThinkPad T4 with driver build 15.3.16.1

I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T420s from past couple of days. It was having Touchpad or Trackpoint driver version 15.3.16.1. and it was well known for the massive memory leak. Due to that particular driver I am able to use the Trackpoint so that navigate somewhere on screen and immediately use the Touchpad if necessary. Whenever I touch the trackpoint the touchpad become unresponsive for the 1.5 seconds. Let me know if you have noticed the above mentioned issue? any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Improper working of Touchpad/ Trackpoint of Lenovo ThinkPad T4 with driver build 15.3.16.1

I have done little bit research work on this particular matter and I have found the following things. Well Thinkpad UltraNav drive and Thinkpad UltraNav utility are the root cause of the problem. Once you have done the same I recommend that you should restart the computer of yours. after completing with the above mentioned thing touchpad and trackpoint are working fine.

Re: Improper working of Touchpad/ Trackpoint of Lenovo ThinkPad T4 with driver build 15.3.16.1

Well I think I am aware of the root cause of the problem which you have mentioned over here. the entire issue is being happening because of the driver issue. the touchpad is seems to be falling asleep when the trackpoint is activated and it will require second or two to wake up when the user is back on the touchpad.

I am suggesting the following settings which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to click on Start button and then click on the Control Panel.
    • Now choose Mouse and go for UltraNav tab.
    • Now select Smart Check Settings.
    • Finally you have to click on PalmCheck and lower down the sensitivity to 3.
    • After completing with all the above mentioned steps you should click on the Ok button.

In this particular situation you need to update the drivers on the system of yours. you can get the drivers from the official website and install the same on the computer of yours.

Well I am highly suspecting that there could be an issue with the device which you have mentioned over here. what I wanted to tell you is that you should visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty for the same.