Thread: Need help for upgrading Lenovo ThinkPad x220t ram

Need help for upgrading Lenovo ThinkPad x220t ram

I just received my Lenovo ThinkPad X220T and I'm pretty contented with it. I have it through Lenovo CTO and only acquire 2 GB of RAM and the upgrading seemed luxurious compared to doing it myself.

The specifications are: 2x2 7200HDD/Intel ram/320gb i5/2gb wifi / camera / Bluetooth / fingerprint reader. I have the intention to use the laptop for light gaming so increasing the performance I can get I would be pleased. RAM is contemptible so I'll establish there. You can insert a SSD when 7 mm models are accessible windows and 8 is released.

The 2 GB that I have Lenovo running at 1333 MHz, nevertheless I read that Kingston HyperX 1866MHz, not only working on the laptop, but it actually works at higher speeds. Can anybody corroborate this?

Re: Need help for upgrading Lenovo ThinkPad x220t ram

Is more likely to see an increase, going from a dual-channel single channel. In a short hunt to observe what you're saying, yes, there have been a number of people who have put this into the machine, on the other hand in all cases I have establish , ranging from a SODIMM only two, and none that I saying, did a test to observe that fact recognized memory / running in 1866 and nothing else,

Nevertheless I said things like this or that x fps game ran in something that is not a test with statistics. As a general rule, frequently you can put faster memory in a machine and will work, but usually the speed of the bus is designed to work and not the fastest speed.

Whatever you do, make sure that the two SODIMM modules agree on the speed and the same moment to run to the lowest common speed. And no slower than the 1333 bus is known to operate.FWIW, has been the analysis of memory usage in Windows 7 and anything above 6 GB is not generally used except in applications that can take advantage of it.

I have seen no evidence that other laptops will accept sandybridge 1866 and also run at those speeds. I am an IT technician, so you know what I have said. There have been moments in photo editing and programming in which I have used the utmost of 8GB. On a 32bit is the ram edge is nearer to 3.25 GB

You be acquainted with as much as me. The query on web search shows that it was all that I know of no tablets, however, the X220 laptop is on the whole the similar, without the digitizer, hinges, etc. and says it works for that. If you have a high-quality contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    You be acquainted with as much as me. The query on web search shows that it was all that I know of no tablets, however, the X220 laptop is on the whole the similar, without the digitizer, hinges, etc. and says it works for that. If you have a high-quality contract.
    2* 32 bits is 4gigabytes so. 32-bit words you can in theory address 4GB. In the windows of reality can only use 3.25GB of it (for some reason).
    I took a risk and ordered some things 1866MHz. I'll post once more if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    2* 32 bits is 4gigabytes so. 32-bit words you can in theory address 4GB. In the windows of reality can only use 3.25GB of it (for some reason).
    I took a risk and ordered some things 1866MHz. I'll post once more if it works.
    Windows 32-bit operating system from the report, 3.25 and 3.6GB available, depending on the video hardware (which may be using some of them). Here is a good thread on MSN, where one of the guys at MS MVP is set right. I love his answer: "Do not worry about a 32-bit OS can only work with 3GB anyway.” There is an interesting picture at the end shows that not all W7 64-bit OS can support all the same memory, after all, MS has to support the price structure in some way.

Is that a 7200 rpm hd or not there? Well, now you have to switch to an SSD hard drive and get the test to the rank of the other components and this unit should be good for a few years.

Yes I'm waiting for decent 7mm SATA3 SSD is accessible before going down that road.

It's pretty fast for me at the moment. I do not like the killing that happens in the moment and has been pretty well demonstrated that the port portable mSATA in Sandy Bridge is limited to SATA 2 speeds.

I also looked at the Kingston kit 1866 as a RAM improve probable in spite of the cost around $ 140-150. My main aspire was to improve video performance. However, first I thought it would take the ability with a regular game (1333) Corsair my local computer store had for $ 55 and that I could return no questions asked within two weeks.

Someone had placed WEI distribution while using the kit on a 1866 Kingston X220 tablet no specs similar to my X220t.To my surprise, the video component was higher than the score achieved my tablet Corsair kit, so I decided to follow.