Thread: CPU fan vibration in Lenovo ThinkPad T520

CPU fan vibration in Lenovo ThinkPad T520

Recently I get the new Lenovo ThinkPad T520, and this was working very fine. But I am little unhappy with this machine because, this is having the problem related with the fine vibration on the bottom side of the keyboard which feel like this noise is coming from the CPU fan. And I can hear that this noise comes from the CPU all the times. So I came here to know about this that is this normal? Or this will cause nay problem with the system to get slow down.

Re: CPU fan vibration in Lenovo ThinkPad T520

Hey hi dude, if you are having this problem then I will suggest you to try to check for the latest BIOS update and if you find the latest update over there then try to update your BIOS. I am sure that this will help you to get resolve this Fan noise problem. I am very sure about this, because I have seen the so many of the other users who are having this problem and after they tried for the latest update they found that this help them to resolve there problem. And if after the latest update, you get the same problem then I recommend calling our support team for further assistance. They will give you the proper suggestion in this cause.

Yes, I checked for the latest update for BIOS and there I get the latest version for that but when I tried with that all at that time I get that still appears the same problem. I am not sure here that only I am facing this problem or there are so many of the other people who are facing this all problem. And also tell me that is this normal because ei am sure that It's not the turbo boost loud fan that I hear , just the low ventilation which is seemingly always ON.

For making sure about that I will suggest you to take the help of the HWMonitor, to check the temperatures of your system. Because this also happens that if the temp is high then system will cause the fan to run fast and to make the noise. Take the help of the HWMonitor and also try to set fan aggressiveness in Power Manager. And before that, make sure about this noise is coming from the CPU& fan only not from the hard drive. Because this also happens that your hard drive is making that much of the noise and you are taking the suggestion about the fan noise then you will never get that your problem will get resolve.

Yes, I am sure that this noise is coming from the CPU fans only not from the hard drive. For that reason I have also check by opening the system and after that there I found that only fan is making this much of the noise.

ok, if you are sure here that this noise is Cumming from the CPU fans only then for that reason I will suggest you to try to contact with the Lenovo support and then take their help and also you can try for the replacement of that CPU fan. I think that for that reason also you can try with the some of the apps which will really help you to control the speed of the fans.