Thread: Getting itunes Error 3004 in iOS 5

Getting itunes Error 3004 in iOS 5

I have recently purchased an iphone 4. It is working absolutely fine. Since yesterday I am having problems with my iphone 4. I have installed iOS 5. I often update my iphone 4 and I also perform the restore function without any troubles. But recently I was trying to update my iphone 4 and I got an error code like 3004. Even while restoring I am getting the error code. I don’t know what to do. Right now, I am not able to do anything with my iphone 4. I would like to know that has anybody encountered this issue. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Getting itunes Error 3004 in iOS 5

I would say that try to get back to the os 4 somehow. I am sure that doing this will resolve your issue. iOS 5 is a popular firmware update, you must try to install it again and see whether the problem is resolved or not. As far as I suppose that this error code will get vanished. I would like to wish you good luck and I hope that it gets resolved. If it doesn’t then I would say that please do reply back so that I can help you out with some other effective solution.

Firstly let me tell you that this error that you are getting is an internal error. It is not an actual error. I would say that if you are getting this error code via itunes then I would say that just wait for some time and just try until you get into the iOS 5 update lineup.

Recently I was trying to update to iOS 5 and I got itunes error code 3004. I don’t know what this error exactly means. I have never faced this issue before. i would like to know that I have heard that this error means that iTunes is unable to connect to Apple firmware verification server to get the SHSH Blobs. Is this information true? Does anybody know how to get rid of this? Thank you

Well I have solution for this. I have faced this error code and I got it to solve. Below I have mentioned the procedure to solve this,
    • Firstly try to edit the host file.
    • Then go to \etc\ and open the hosts file with any text editor.
    • If you have tried to restore to stock iOS 5 firmware, you need to delete any lines shown below and save the file.
    • To verify you made the correct changes, try to open gs.apple in your internet browser to ensure that it redirects you to the Apple.
    • Now try restoring to iOS 5 again. I hope it helps.

I think there is some problem with the apple server. I think that they are getting killed. I would like to say that better you should visit an apple store. Contact the apple guys and I hope the issue of yours gets resolved. They are the experts and I am sure that they know the exact problem.

I am facing the same issue with my iphone 4. I got itunes error code 3004 while updating. It got stuck in the recovery mode. After this I was not able to do anything accept I could only go to the factory settings.

I would say that you should quit ITunes and then you will be able to resolve the error 3004. There is a command line which I suppose would help you out if you try it. I would say that try to use the following command at the command line:
    dscacheutil -flushcache
    If it doesn’t work then I would say that it would be wise to contact the apple.

I have had the same issue with my iphone 4 and I tried to resolve the issue by following this,

• Quit iTunes
    • Type 'dnscacheutil -flushcache' into the Terminal 2a. Restart your computer.
    • Open iTunes again
    • Restore

I think there could be some problem with the iphone 4 or with the iOS 5. I would suggest you to contact the apple support. You can also visit the apple store present near your place. I would suggest looking on the internet regarding the issue. I have mentioned a link below which will direct you to apple and the error code.
    applesupport