Thread: iOS 5 taking forever to update on iPhone

iOS 5 taking forever to update on iPhone

I got the update downloaded, but then it would have done well to backup the ipad. It's been 20 minutes and all I see is a sliver of advancement. This is the 2nd time-The first time I unplugged the ipad, did a hard reset, intuition there was some issue, but its doing it again. Any ideas? Anybody else having these situations?

re: iOS 5 taking forever to update on iPhone

I was about 49 minutes far from complete download about 1 hr in the past. Just hit the x following to download and attempted to restart download but unfortunately took me retreat to 4 hrs. As a substitute for sorting of this, I might be undoubtedly installing by now.

Same sort of situation here with me. In light of the remark above, my theory is that there is much going on in addition "Backing up" or servers are in the process of struggling forcefully.

Actually struck me that the “backing up “power well be moving down to iCloud. In the event that would be the case I am able to understand the vast hit. By the way I've gotten the same message a couple of times today when I restarted this whole operation. iTunes tells me that I have buys on my iPad that have not been transferred to my iTunes library. Tells me I need to transfer them before keeping on but I have no clue what "buys" it is talking about.

I hadn't apprehended it was a brand new emphasize that you are able to utilize the phone while its syncing / restoring so I was at first jumbled that iTunes thought it was restoring stuff but the iPhone appeared careless. It could be helpful if there was some icon of symbol in the status bar that revealed to you that it was restoring things.

I trust that once the music / films restore is at last finalized that I am able to retreat and restore the applications manually-generally I should be fairly channeled off as it will have overlooked all my spared event advancement and so on. My content and call history appears to be sound alright, and contacts send and whatnot. is all took care of by google match up anyway.

It's on the grounds that with iOS5 you are able to restore from the iCloud, when you get it working you will understand. I actually got mine to work did a clean install and am restoring from MY backup. Confidently it works.

iTunes has spent the past 2 hours with a dialogue window asserting that the iPhone has been restoring Music and Videos, but while it was doing that the iPhone itself indicated no indication to any detectable degree that any synchronizing or restoring was going on. Now that the exchange window at last finished iTunes then went into a more recognizable adjusting mode (with the advancement bar in the top status bar), and the iPhone had the turning synchronize icon following to the wifi symbol.

Appear's apple's verification servers are pounded and could not procedure the appeal to restore-which has now alternate my iPad unusable at the instant.

My Ipad 2 continues attempting to verify the ios5 download with Mac following it backups and such and I get diverse slips and one that makes a point not to give a code truism it actually can’t do the alternate which is odd as it situated to run over to my mac smaller than usual. I think its working now an extensive hit on the servers at apple.

Re: iOS 5 taking forever to update on iPhone

I did that and got it declared lost contact with network failure and it stopped inside and out it was on 5 hrs following 3hrs now it is on 40 hrs resulting from the fact that I had to begin from the start.