Thread: No more e-ink on kindle

No more e-ink on kindle

Hello guys, does anyone else have the impression that if the fire Kindle, and people think they will do, we could see the end of the electronic ink? I certainly hope not, because I love this product. I remember when I first got my Kindle (keyboard one), I could not believe the screen. I never tire of reading about it. It would be really sad if the fire destroyed it and we all have to migrate to the backlit display and other applications. So please help me, thank you.

Re: No more e-ink on kindle

Why get rid of the E-ink? Even if the fire does well the touch Kindle is selling almost as well as fire and Amazon is smart knows that everybody wants to read on a backlit device and some people need the battery life of the E-ink screen.

If you are asking ever kindle user then I would say that I have do not get that impression at all which you are getting it with your kindle.

Not a chance. There are too many advantages of e-ink. It was not so long ago that electronic ink was a dream of science fiction. E-ink has lower power consumption, allowing the device to go weeks without pay. A pill cannot match that. An e-ink device is lighter. Many people find that e-ink display easy to read, especially in sunlight. Tablets tend to fit into the sun. And, of course, ink e-readers are cheaper. In the unlikely event that Amazon never made the drop of ink e-readers, competitors would be willing to provide customers with e-ink readers. There is a demand for e-ink readers, and will remain a market. It need not be a big market, a market big enough for a company wants to sell to that market. The tablets are for people who want a tablet and a reader, but do not want to carry two devices.

I do not think Amazon has released Kindle Touch 3G, Touch Kindle and baby mini / if they had plans to dispose of electronic ink anytime soon. If your plan was to get rid of e-ink, if the fire was very popular, you just throw the fire itself. There is no point spending all that money to produce and publish the new Kindle if only going to get rid of them.

Yes, I'm not sure where you got it when it also launched two new types of electronic ink on and stays around the Kindle 3 (Keyboard Kindle). E-ink is not going to disappear in the short term, as there are plenty of people who just want a simple e-reader not backlit display, battery life and nothing else to read. Perhaps years from now when dual-mode screens you can toggle between the electronic ink (or something similar) for reading and LCD (or similar) for HD video, etc. that will disappear. But only after the display technology in the price low so they can sell 5 "pills for $ 100 or less. Yet I could see the e-ink readers to stay around as a cheap, niche market for people who do not want the distractions of a multifunctional device.