Thread: Having trouble with microSD slot in HTC amaze 4g

Having trouble with microSD slot in HTC amaze 4g

Ok so I got the HTC Amaze 4G yesterday itself, had everything setup and I make a decision to make use of my microsd card from my G2 and place in the Amaze. After putting the card I just reboot the phone. everything was fine Working!

For about a minute, It goes downhill from there. The phone is now cause problem with the SD card and saying that my SD card is spoiled and forcing me to remove it. I'm just stumped as I have tried each and everything known to me but still no luck. I need help. Any suggestions? Anyone having the same issue?

Re: Having trouble with microSD slot in HTC amaze 4g

Are you sure that the memory card that you are using is working perfectly? Have you tried the same memory card in another mobile? If not then I would recommend you to do that first and then see whether the same thing is happening or not. Because see if you are getting the same thing that means there could be some problem with the card itself or else it is working perfectly.

But if it is working perfectly then you should try to make use of another card in your mobile and the see, if you are constantly getting the same problem that means problem is in the phone itself.

Though I am agree with the above user but still before come to an end with the hardware fault you should try to format the memory card with the PC and then reinsert it in the mobile and then see what happens, because some time because of different file system it just won’t work the way we expect. But if suppose you are getting same problem then you should try to format the card with the help of mobile itself.

I think you should try to reset the firmware currently installed in the mobile because it seems that there could be some problem with that only, but still I am also not sure about it but you can try for sure as there isn’t any hard doing this.

But off course it is always recommended to make a backup copy of important data from the mobile before proceeding, because though the soft resetting will not wiped anything except the settings that you have made in the mobile but after making hard reset you’ll surely loose each and every data from the mobile and then see what happens, once I was also having same problem but after doing this everything was perfectly working.

why don’t you purchase the card from here,

As you have mentioned that you are making use of your former memory card of G2, so it might be possible that the memory card might be supported with the phone you are having, you should try to make sure whether it is compatible with your phone or not, or simply make use of the one which is actually intended for your mobile.

- i don’t know whether you are using any perfect rather compatible memory card or not, but still according to my recommendation you can have htc amaze sandisk microsdhc 4gb memory card - 8gb memory card - 16gb memory card with $19.99 and $ 34.99 and $59.99 respectively.

All those cards mentioned, that you can order online as well but if you are not getting to order it online you can have another option as well such as order it from the HTC is support center, have you ever visited their official site, in accessory section you can have this for sure.

have you tried another memory card in your mobile? If not then I would say you should at least try to reinsert another memory card in your mobile and see whether it is also causing same problem or what, if yes that means there could be sure some problem with the card slot and not with the card.

Yeah exactly I was also thinking about the same and that’s why I have tried all this thing, such as,

1. Tried another memory card,

2. tried the same memory card in another mobile it is also working fine,

3. in fact tried resetting the firmware as well,

Everything is same yet, as the phone works without memory card, any more suggestion left.

I thinks surely there could be some problem with the memory card slot rather than the memory card and off course it will work fine without memory card. Anyways forget about it and have you ever approached service center yet? If not then I would say you should try to contact them and see what they are saying about this, and I think you’ll get some sort of replacement of particular hardware in the phone, because the there isn’t any issue with the warranty.