Thread: TomTom GO LIVE 1005 has lack of common sense in POI

TomTom GO LIVE 1005 has lack of common sense in POI

GO LIVE 1005 has some useful features like Google search and a good set of points of interest is built however, for the management of POI way points generic personality is totally stupid to say the least. My categories of POI import GO720 contain the places they visit regularly throughout in the UK and continental Europe. The problem is to find points of interest in Go To or map view, finding" is limited to a local radio, apparently, about 45 miles 72 kilometers from home, or where the current GPS position. The only way to find beyond IDPs are "points of interest in the city." Apart from having to access many different screens to do this, do not always remember what the nearest town to remember is that it must be within that radius of 45 miles or do not find it. I mentioned it to TT support, but if others find it a pain maybe a future version of the application of TT will find points of interest in antique style, as in my GO720 is repaired now much easier to use .

Re: TomTom GO LIVE 1005 has lack of common sense in POI

I completely have the same opinion. I upgraded from a TomTom One as I thought I was getting a better browsing Sat unluckily, some of the options in my previous trust are not available in the new. It's just a software update, why not TomTom can be incorporated into subsequent updates. I travel a lot and am used to navigate to points of interest, since it is difficult to find a direction to all the places you desire to go. I am able to do this in my TomTom but one can not be in 1005 except, as you said, the PDI is 50 miles. I consideration I might get around this by adding points of interest specific to my favorites, when necessary. Unfortunately, this is not possible as yet only you can access attractions within 50 miles of my place without having to navigate a premier destination. There is an option to navigate to points of interest along the route or near your destination, but is inaccessible. This is because you have to clear a path before it can move to another. Another thing that you do not have to do in the TomTom One

But that carry me to another frustration. If you're traveling to a target and at some end decide to see how long it would take to go find your current location to another because you may want to change your mind , you have to clean your current route, go to the new and go to the original again. It is possible that the TomTom One to go to a second destination without clearing the route. Finally, I just thought it was going to talk about the lack of planning the itinerary. I know that is not available in 1005, but it should be. If you travel a lot, and I do, it's much easier to input all your destinations before you leave, instead of wasting time looking all over the place for them in the middle of a trip.

Is this fact I might be able to look for and find any point of notice in my old PDA version of TomTom. If you cannot map your trip by selecting a point of notice far away, then it is terrible for me. I'm about to reason a minibus tour to France and Belgium, and all destinations are points of interest and have no direction. I specifically waited to load third party sites to be available and bought the new Go Live 1000 for this trip If I have to re-use my PDA that could have saved 250 pounds.

Please, please, does anyone have a solution? I suppose I could do it using the bookmark, if I have time to load all-in

I completely be of the same mind. Mile 50 to 80 km limit on viewing points of interest makes my new TomTom GO LIVE 1005 and much less useful than previous TomTom GO 920. Now if I want to change fate, while in route I have to write the name of a town or city near the destination. This is not possible in the best and worst potentially dangerous. Like you I want to plan my trips before leaving. Mostly I use the POI I put into the categories of PDI staff. additional than now it has become more difficult to access these. Planning a route through a series of dots appears to be impossible. TomTom has to eliminate the limit of 50 miles on points of interest, and to rethink the navigation software to allow routing through a series of exact points.

You could not see the map, ensure that traffic is disabled in the options, zoom to the location you want, make sure points of interest and check the categories you wish to select, then select the bookmark points of interest and then use it to enable a Browse to, or to add to Favorites?

Favorites are not missing when you retune your device and be able to be downloaded to the computer using MyTomTom if you have construct 10.111

There are plenty of pitfalls with these newer devices that have removed the functionality compared to some of the devices predecessor. I suspect that, like me, have toyed with the idea of selling and buying a Go 950 which I think could do pretty much what you need, plus, of course, you have a different software solution for most loads gives greater flexibility to manage your device. Route planning across multiple points seems a basic requirement of a GPS that I cannot understand why it would not be included - I bet she has to do with the routing engine. Apparently, this device has all or almost the point to point routes are calculated to increase the performance speed of route calculation this may not work well for chaining multiple locations. For my part, do not need 30 seconds to calculate the route to have this functionality. Although I read somewhere across the web to plan routes that were planned for the second half of 2011. Maybe eBay bargain Go 950 is an option, despite the space of real smaller screen.