Thread: HD traffic disconnects while crossing boundaries with TomTom GO LIVE 1000

HD traffic disconnects while crossing boundaries with TomTom GO LIVE 1000

Hey guys

I have an irritating problem with my Go Live 1000: I reside in Belgium and work Luxembourg so I often shift among these countries. though, I awfully frequently looses the Live HD traffic signal and my device is not capable to reconnect automatically. This is mainly true while departure from Belgium to Luxembourg.

so as to force the device to connect again , I require to go into the parameter and key in the username and the password once more in fact, I just press verify as it memorize them, although I have to browse a few display in line to do so . It's actually irritating having to do it awfully often, especially while driving.

Don’t know whether it is the bug please help me to get out of this

Re: HD traffic disconnects while crossing boundaries with TomTom GO LIVE 1000

For the duration of a GSM packed data session It is not achievable to have faultless roaming among operators in dissimilar countries. That why you are straggling connection close to the borders. And sure, it has to be a software bug not reconnecting automatically to the fresh operator. It must be achievable reconnect works very well by means of a IPad with a SIM.

It might well be additional to do with registering with TT with a fresh provider or country other than the association to the network?

I don't know the device must possibly reconnect automatically in any case. It seems like it doesn't repeat or, if it does, it gives up too fast as well as it doesn't redo frequently after that

Never saw this problem with my device I've be on holiday to Germany and had to cross the boundary more than a few times, the Live Services cut off and reconnected automatically once a few minutes.

Thanks for your response because it made me realize that I have this trouble only when you go to Luxembourg, not while you go to France. Then I ongoing wondering if it may perhaps be reason by the antenna RDS / TMC so as to I use on my device: Luxembourg does not offer RDS / TMC signal, but not France. So this morning, when I missing the HD traffic signal, I try disconnecting the power adapter RDS antenna is in the power cord and reconnect following a few seconds. Immediately after this operation, the unit has returned to high definition traffic automatically almost instantly In the coming days, I will try with my power adapter that don’t have RDS antenna to verify this.

I'm confused by what you have said you have a live device but you use an fm traffic signal also? I think you're on to your solution already, use one or the other but not both. I'm concerned to take notice of what you find out just for individual information....

look ahead to consideration what you find out...

I contain the similar system .HD-traffic is the chosen network. If GSM-coverage is mislaid, RDS-TMC will conquest.

I believe it perhaps, if it's too lengthy parting one gsm-operator camping the fresh gsm-operator, the RDS-TMC device will begin searching for TMC channels in the among gap. I have seen this once I the unit did not find any TMC and refuse to go back to HD-Traffic yet if the new gsm-operator was there had to soft rearrange my TomTom device. Not precisely what's the issue here, although still

I also appreciate now So if HD doesn't join or is missing the RDS has main concern and takes over Traffic. I think on one occasion the device software starts look for The FM signal it's intended to be unsuccessful the method and not go back and search for HD.

That would make clear the require for the retune Yup, I'de call that a bug....You write it happen one time

Does attach auto at the present or was it just happen just once

The only way that I understand that my device was in look for of RDS-TMC channel was when I unplugged the receiver of the unit, then traffic-bar also vanished completely from the unit. The first and only time so far have been in this situation was not capable to finish the device is reset physically to get it to work again in HD-Traffic. I have not been able to reproduce this situation. Normally, when I have been crossing borders, this transfer process, is done in a good performance, and the TMC receiver is connected to my device all the time

Precisely The RDS / TMC antenna is made and sell by TomTom Go Live for 1000 and 1005 series. Its plan is to be activate when the GSM signal HD Traffic not obtainable. As the comment above seems to confirm the case of my difficulty. If this is definite by the tests conducted in the upcoming days, I believe it's clearly a error

I put money on that on one occasion the software of the gadget starts to look for the FM signal is intended to fail the procedure and not go back and search for HD. "

When you receive the FM signal, and then lost or when it becomes the HD signal , there is no problem dating back to the HD signal. The issue seems to be if you cannot get the FM signal, as initially not available in Lux, then try again receiving a signal, until the unit is restarted or the FM antenna is disconnected