Thread: Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8

Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8

I have made some of the habit like now to work with 8 about half of the time. I installed mostly on my programs that I only use and there was simply one plan that refuse to control as expected. What I actually impress to me in the stability of the system. Although a number of unusual unexplainable small glitches, thus structure does the whole thing efficiently. This is actually amazing for an Alpha test version. Since I am using the system developer for myself over 35 years, I can really appreciate the quality that the Redmond boys delivered. They are far better than we were in my days.

re: Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8

So agree to installed the new version windows software that is a window 8 on my laptop, which I can’t use as actually as my desktop with window 7 Exclusive of Metro, I like the little improvement. Also, the USB transfers are obviously faster for me on 8 than with 7.Has anyone else knowledgeable this? A most important league headache for me was clearance the Metro field from all the garbage ware it came loaded with, then loading my own programs and then going back to the Metro field.

I believe that they make a surface from every. They locate in the Program Files. And with e.g. the "uninstall" ones I truly wonder what it does for you I understand and I used to uninstall was immediate doubt they could have found all the registry entries and files in that short a time and eliminate them. I think we better continue to use Revo or similar programs if we do not want to end up with a mess on the system

Yeah I have install Windows 8 on which I am using old Acer Aspire 4520. It runs even smoothly than Windows 7 and, once more, I notice the USB transfer being faster too. However, in the exact moment that Windows starts I mechanically get into the "desktop" option. I can't get old to Metro UI at all. But that's perhaps because it's in an Alpha stage. Don't get me incorrect; I like it, but it need to be MUCH more graceful than it is right now.

So I am get definitely faster USB transfers and I am now using window 8 as my major OS on a laptop, and I see no difficulty with the mouse usage. On a touch screen laptop, it’s wonderful. The system is very stable on my laptop, and all my Win7 drivers install with no any issues (other than have to set compatibility mode due to the installers detect NT 6.2, and not 6.1, etc)

However I think the UI is rather "bulky" on the PC. You comprise to click on added things than one would be expecting to do simple things and certain functions are hidden so poorly that they are difficult or impossible to find. This is not a criticism of the Metro UI in general, but an observation as to its applicability on a PC. Normally I like to determine new things and a latest system does not frighten me. But in the present state, I would most likely not use 8 on a PC - the operational characteristics of 7 are a lot further elegant on a PC. For a Tablet although, I believe 8 will easily be special by people used to Windows.

When considering it plastered with little boxes - Local safety, Performance Monitor, ODBC source, Services, publishes Manager, Help, on. All this junk that use to be packed in folders in the Start menu that I might trash in two seconds is now spotted all over the screen. And unlike the create Start menu, I can't acquire free of it all at once. I have to click one small package at a time. It's like weeding your garden and then 10 minutes afterward the entire weeds are back. I've said this earlier than - MS has the right idea here but Metro is creation my daily use an absolute chore. I know you can turn it off and I haven't done that yet, but then what's the point of going to 8?

Re: Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8

So, I click the "desktop" cover in order to create by means of typical desktop that work with a great and the problems gets me once again when I desire to start a program since I don't contain "Start" menu, forcing me to make use of the "Search" tool, click on "Apps" and type the name of the appliance I need to use. Very irritating when you're use only a mouse/touchpad. As an option, I found on Internet a way to modify a key in Windows' registry that replaces the new "Start" system with the old "Start" menu and the Metro UI with the classic desktop but sadly it also kills other new features that I like a lot, like the "ribbon" toolbars in Explorer, the new and awesome task manager and other little things that made my life easy