Thread: 3G Video calling not possible in Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V

3G Video calling not possible in Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V

I have been looking for a good Android phone with HD video recording and finally got one. The sony ericsson neo v. I have got most of the features which I was looking for in a single piece. I sold my old Samsung phone only because of this phone. The phone also includes a front facing camera. So I probably assumed that it is for video calling. But it was a very disappointment that I cannot make video calls over 3G UTMs network even having such a good front facing camera. I don’t know what SE is up to but it is really a waste of money on this phone.

Re: 3G Video calling not possible in Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V

The successor of the Xperia neo comes with Android 2.3.4 on the market and features video telephony via Google Talk, 3D Sweep Panorama function, Sony, Facebook expanded functions and text input by wiping gestures. Building on the experience with the Xperia neo combines the most up-to-date V Android software for smartphones through technologies for example the Sony-Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA engine. The center of the Xperia neo V is on top of video calling as well as video recording function with HD (720p).

It is absolutely the nearly all controversial terrific problem on the neo V. i was so irritated to locate out that you can’t make 3g video calls

If you cannot make video calls over 3G, you can skype. The people at Skype has updated its application for the Android mobile platform, it solves several errors in operation and have now added support for calls via WiFi and 3G smartphones that run more Android 2.1 onwards. Android Skype calls to landlines and mobiles at great rates and you can send instant messages to one or more friends.

Skype has announced an updated edition of its app for Android 2.0 that brings Skype video calls also on the mobile OS that is growing at rates higher than 1.

With this new version of Android smartphone owners can make plus receive free Skype video calls between two persons with other Skype users using Android and iPhone, Mac, Windows PC and even TV3. Skype for Android with video call can be used with a data connection, Wi-Fi or 3G and can be downloaded for free from Android Market.

I really don’t know what you guys are talking about. The phone really does have a good video camera both sides (front and back). There is no doubt that you can make video calls from this phone either on network or from any other apps like skype. If you cannot make video calls then it is probably problem with network provider but not about the phone.

VRocks Guest

idea Re: 3G Video calling not possible in Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V

DOESN'T SUPPORT VIDEO CALLS

When i looked @ this phone i loved it. So decided to buy. But before buying i wanted to make sure that all my requirements are fulfilled.
    So i searched all over the internet for its features ,pros & cons.
    And was really disappointed when I read that it doesn't support 3G Video calls.

Found @ the Sony official help site, that The whole Xperia series doesn't support 3G video calls. But you can call via Skype or any other software.

This is a gr8 phone but without Video call option its useless for me to buy it.

-------------
    Buy Sell Secondhand Stuff | Post FREE Ads@ www.secondhandstore.in
    Find Jobs Or Hire Employees | Post FREE Ads @ www.jobplaced.com